it helps to read the manual

little_earthquakes

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.littleearthquakesphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Do'h! How's this for an "I am so stupid" moment. So I was trying to figure out if my camera had a built in meter or not (I bought it rather recently, I'm used to using my fully manual vintage camera from the 70s). I'm reading the manual, and, lo and behold, it does indeed have a built in light meter. All this time, I've been gussing, hemming and hawwing over weather or not my photos (on film, no less) were going to come out under or overexposed. And sometimes they were.

Sometimes, it helps to read the manual. :lol:

Just about any camera made in the last, oh 30 or 40 years, has a built in meter. Not usually something they advertise though, so don't worry about it :D

Whenever you need to know something about your camera, just remember...RTFM. Read the ____ing Manual. ;)

Yea I mean, I figured it had some way of sensing what kind of setting it it needed, some kind of internal meter, because it had an automatic mode, aperture priority mode, ect, but I didn't know if it had a meter that showed me weather or not the aperture and shutter speed setting I had it on was going to come out under/over exposed in manual mode....but it does. It's in the viewfinder.

RTFM indeed! lmao

I read the manuals even when I am not looking for anything in specific... You would be amazed how many options jump out at you when you are not even looking for them.

It's like "Oh, wow, let me try that. That might come in handy!" :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back