It is a schnauzer Valentine

CherylL

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
The pups have been in training for a week sitting on the foot stool. The first day I had to help them onto the stool. Day 2 they got up by themselves and we worked on sit. Day 3 there was a tussle on who got on first. The big guy bumped the other 2 off. Day 4, 5 & 6 was up, sit and stay for longer minutes each day as I walked away further and further. And I was saying to look at Mom. Day 7 the little guy was on the stool while I set up and took practice photos. They equated the foot stool with treats and when I brought out the camera all 3 went nuts wanting on the stool first. Their beards were brushed all nice and neat until their tussle. A little PS work. The light was on the right and a reflector left. I did have to add light in post and tone down a few hot spots.

Three of the photos. More of the set on my Flickr page.

Valentine Pups 2 by Cheryl, on Flickr

The little guy wanted to be on the foot stool and was not happy.
Valentine Pups by Cheryl, on Flickr

Oscar Valentine by Cheryl, on Flickr

These are absolutely fantastic and your narrative just makes it even better. Great shots.

I love these so much!

Beautiful...I love it! You giving me ideas for my own Bully in the house! ;-)

great set Cheryl! Love how you took your time getting them to this point. My little guy also knows the camera means treats and gets very excited when he sees me with it.

Thanks everyone. The pup photos turned out better than the ones of the grandkids. The little 18 month grand will not sit or stand still. My daughter suggested we strap her into a highchair and decorate around her. I used the parabolic umbrella and I'm still thinking about getting another light. Even with the reflector the scene was not evenly lit.

Dogs are much easier to work with than kids! Treats mean more to them. LOL Love these, great job.

Most reactions

Back