It is "Grrrr!-Day" for me today >:-/

LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
While taking the children to the pool tonight, suddenly my left back tyre burst!
That was NOT good. We were practically in the middle of nowhere ... ok, there was this one dark house, but other than that it was -4°C and pitch dark.
The (peculiar!) man in that house lent us a torch/flashlight and Florian tried to change the tyre, but was at a loss when he came to that security screw which he didn't know how to loosen. That was when I noticed that the right front tyre was ALSO almost flat.

We were half frozen and did not know what to do (Sabine had meanwhile phoned her coach to let him know she would not be coming, and Andreas, who was in a seminar where he could not leave) - so we decided to leave things as they were, i.e. put the other four screws back in tightly, leave the flat tyre there, and very, very, VERY slowly, with the warning lights on, crawl to the nearest petrol station where there would be light and someone to tell us how to loosen that one screw.

Just as we arrived there, Andreas phoned and upon hearing about that "funny screw" told Florian where to find the adapter. So Florian could change the tyre which was pierced by a huge nail!!!!!!! And we found out that there was another nail in the right front tyre!

That one we could not mend nor exchange, but we filled it and made the rest of the journey home like that.

So here we are, wondering how two nails could pierce my tyres, one large enough to burst that one tyre, the other sticking in it...

Grrr! I am not amused! :grumpy:

And here I was thinking leaving a bouquet of nails in your driveway was a nice thing to do...:blushing:

:hugs:

This sounds like something from a scary movie! You know...how they mess up your tires and try to snatch you when you're stranded in the middle of nowhere. :D *giggle*

it sure seems like you took a "Wrong Turn" somewhere! sorry to hear about your tires. i had 2 tires go flat once, and i wound up having to sell the car because i couldnt afford 2 new tires.

for anyone that hasnt seen or heard of it, "Wrong Turn" is the title of a horror movie about 6 people that went down the wrong country road. ill save the full description of the movie and just say that if you like horror movies, this is one you might want to check out if you havent seen it.

i would bet that if you had seen this movie LaFoto, you would NOT have stopped when you noticed the flat tire. :shock:

Oh I seen that one,Its the one where two cars crash and they all end up getting tortured and mamed by these seriously imbread deformed hillbillies.Great show,Thats a true story you know.The deformed ones still live in that town to this day.

Oh I seen that one,Its the one where two cars crash and they all end up getting tortured and mamed by these seriously imbread deformed hillbillies.Great show,Thats a true story you know.The deformed ones still live in that town to this day.

assuming youre being serious and im missing the sarcasm, the movie may have been loosely based on some story from somewhere, but saying its a true story and the people still live there, thats a stretch. everything ive ever read about the movie stated it wasnt based on a true story. i have the DVD, and they made no mention of it being even loosely based on any factual accounts either. i could be mistekn though, so if you know the story the movie is based on, could you post a link or some information about it?

i hope i dont sound like a jerk. im just a huge fan of horror movies and if they are based on true stories, i like to know the story behind them.

Well, I am no fan of horror movies, which accounts for the fact that I don't know "Wrong Turn" ... and the way you make it sound here, it may well have given me sleepless nights and a great fright when my tyre burst on that dark, dark stretch of road ... and more when I rang the bell at that one house and the man who lived there opened and looked so ... strange! (Which he did, no kidding). But he was nice enough to lend me his torch/flashlight, and there was loads of traffic passing, so we were not all alone (only no one ever stopped or so, but then I doubt they saw us in time to realise we were having a problem since it was really really really dark).

But OK, I was at the repair shop yesterday and had them put the winter tyres on, that had been due for a while, anyway, but with no winter coming I always postponed it. Now I have the set of winter tyres on and will need to go get me two new summer tyres in spring (yes, I need two new, no doubt about that, and I've only had this set since spring of 2006! :roll: ) - and tonight we got snow!

Call this "good timing" then (for the winter tyres only, I mean) ;).

if youre not a fan of horror movies, then Wrong Turn is definitely a movie to avoid. it may not have been to hi up on the list of the best horror movies, but it certainly would give someone not into those types of movies many sleepless nights, and an even more intense fear of the types of scenarios portrayed in the movie. im generally not too afraid of knocking on a strangers door if i was in need of assistance, but that movie helped to make me more apprehensive about doing anything like that in the future if i was in a similiar situation as in the movie.

anyways, it looks like everything worked out well for you in the end, so im happy for that. hopefully you dont have to go through anything like that again or if you do, hopefully its a long time from now, and under better circumstances.

Most reactions

Back