It is Official!

b3av3r

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am officially part of the DSLR crew as of about 11:00am today. My D50 came to the house from Cameta Camera (very great place to do business) along with a 28-80mm Nikon lens and a 2GB card.

I have only been able to take shots of stuff at work because I was stuck there all day today. Hopefully this weekend I can get out and take some outdoor pictures.

Also are there any must have accs. that go along with a DSLR?

Thanks

Well for my D50 I also got a telephoto lens and some magnification filters. That covered just about everything I needed when I started off.

Edit: Oooo I forgot get a really really good Camera bag to hold all of you stuff.

Remote shutter release.. mmmmm :)

And, memory cards.. but I do hope you know that already. ;)

Yeah, a good bag is a must. I have only had my camera a couple weeks and already got two lol. Congrats on the new camera!

Take pictures.

Post pictures for us to see.

Repeat process.

I 4th the tripod! Remote or cable release. And a good comfortable bag. I just got a Op/Tech TFP strap and its great.

Take pictures.

Post pictures for us to see.

Repeat process.

I hope to get some shots this weekend, otherwise its just pictures of my work.

I 4th the tripod! Remote or cable release. And a good comfortable bag. I just got a Op/Tech TFP strap and its great.

Luckily I already have a tripod so I guess I am ahead of the game a little.

And, memory cards.. but I do hope you know that already. ;)

It came with a 2gb and that holds about 570 shots in the largest JPEG size which is more than enough for me since my laptop is always handy. Not sure how many I can get in RAW if I decide to start shooting that way.

It came with a 2gb and that holds about 570 shots in the largest JPEG size which is more than enough for me since my laptop is always handy. Not sure how many I can get in RAW if I decide to start shooting that way.

2gig... :drool:

Well welcome to a new world of photography, I just got my first one about 4 months ago, and it is exciting. You were very smart to get the D50, I got the D40 and sometimes I love it other times I wish I would have been more patient and done some research.

Luckily I already have a tripod so I guess I am ahead of the game a little.

the key here is to actually use your tripod. i teach photography classes, and whenever i get a new class, i ask those who own a tripod to raise their hands. almost everyone in class raises their hands. then i ask them who actually uses their tripod, and sadly, almost all hands go down.

i don't know if you are new to DSLR photography or photography as a whole, but i will tell you this, tripods are not just for camera shake and low light conditions. a tripod is a wonderful tool for composition. when you take the time to put your camera on a tripod, it slows you down. you will also take more time in choosing your lenses, focal length, shutter, aperature and overall composition.

my first year college photography teacher had us shoot everything on a tripod for those reasons. i strongly believe that my keen eye for composition was developed as a result.

congrats on the new camera....please post up some pics ASAP!

jennifer

Most reactions

Back