It smells like Christmas!!

JaimeGibb

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Seriously, doesn't it just SMELL like Christmas? Maybe it's just the 5 pine scented candles I have burning in my house...Anyway, a session from today. C&C much appreciated!

1. The harsh light on the side of the guys head is really bugging me.
IMG_0006.jpg

IMG_0034.jpg

IMG_0064.jpg

IMG_0078.jpg

IMG_0084.jpg

1. Nice pose and good focus, but too strong a light camera left.

2. Again nice pose, but too shallow a DoF; you've got the eyes tack-sharp, but f1.8 wasn't enough to get the whole face crisp.

3. Nice.

4. Nice

5. A little too 'up the nose' for my taste, but sharp and nicely lit.

Just my $00.02 - your milage may vary

~John

Nice shots! I agree about the harsh light on dad's head on #1. Also I always try to have dad's head higher than mom's. (I'm sexist?...) Cute little boy and the lighting is nice... specially on the background! A little washed out on 2 & 4. Love the rocking chair shot! With little ones I always like to get in real close. Try cropping in on the rocking chair pic to really show off those blue eyes!

I think #2 is my favorite, but yeah the lighting is definately too harsh on the left side. Still good shots though.

2. Again nice pose, but too shallow a DoF; you've got the eyes tack-sharp, but f1.8 wasn't enough to get the whole face crisp.

You definitely got that right, I was right at 1.8! Trying to let as much light in as possible without raising by ISO or shutter too much. Thanks for the feedback!

Zookeeper, so funny I also noticed the guy being lower than the mom and yea, it looks weird to me too! Haha. Oh and the rocking chair shot, this chair is the mom's grandfather's chair from when he was a little boy. So in those shots I was always trying to include as much of the chair as I could.

ccssk8ter11 thanks, I think #2 is my fave as well! They used the rocking chair one for their xmas cards.

Here's a good shot of those eyes. I think I could even sharpen them MORE.

IMG_0137.jpg

Haha, is she famous? Nope. She does look very Broadway though, doesn't she?

She is a dead ringer for this actress on a soap opera... lemme think of her name...
Samantha Brady (that is the character's name).
That is crazy how much she looks like her.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back