It was sunny this time!

EscapeTurn

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Finally, a sunny day at the track! Just wanted to share a few of my favorites.

It's such a thrill to watch these dogs do what they're born to do and LOVE to do.

One lady at the track started talking to me about my photography and about the greyhounds. She asked if I would photograph her dog and if she could buy a print. I, of course, said yes. I told her I have a retired dog out of the same kennel, and when I told her who it was, her jaw dropped. "YOU'RE the one who has Dazzle!?" He was the favorite of the kennel, and everyone loved him to pieces. Apparently he made the kennel a lot of money in his early career and there were a lot of tears when he got hurt. Turns out the lady I talked to was his trainer's wife. :) I feel very priviledged to have Dazzle living with me.

Anyway, enough babbling, and on to the pictures!

1. I like this one because they're all three in the same position, even though they're several strides out from the starting boxes.
race14.jpg

2. See the drool slinging everywhere? :lmao:
race15.jpg

jcswhiteheart01.jpg

okiesmokengun01.jpg

hksredbullet01.jpg

Thanks for looking! :mrgreen:

Great action shots. You have really improved and these are starting to look very sharp. Not easy with that kind of movement and action.

Eric

You did very well capturing the Motion in these photos!! Like Airic said great action shots.. A Great set

Excellent captures. You've done well to freeze the action; gives a great impression of the strength of these animals.
Would also love to see you try some slower shutter panning shots to give that impression of speed that comes with blurring the legs and BG to a degree.
Keep em coming and thanks for sharing. :D

I very much like how these frozen-action-photos show their muscles at work! You have come quite far. Panning would be the next step (I find panning incredibly hard to do!).

Thanks for all the nice words! :D

Panning is certainly next on the list. I did a bit of panning yesterday, but the light was low in the early evening and the building overshadowed half the track, so none of the shots came out. Here's hoping it's sunny again next time!

I gotta say what has been said. Every time you post these dog races, they get better. They are really amazing dogs.
Lookin forward to more.

Most reactions

Back