It was to windy for this flag today

M @ k o

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Here in Pensacola Fl. The wind was starting to pick at 1300 hrs. We have a bad tropical depression in the Gulf of Mexico, hopefully it will not turn into a hurricane by Sat. evening. We had Hurricane Ivan last year that tore this town up pretty bad, we don't need another... believe me !!

On my way off base today I was lucky to catch 2 captures of a Marine and a few sailors changing the flag, a HUGE flag I might add. because of the increasing knots of the wind. Thought I'd share what I saw with you.

20d
Manual ISO 200
1/2000 f 6.3
18-55MM

Here's the Chapel. The Flag is as wide

chapel..JPG

Lowering our beautiful Flag.

flag..JPG

do you want war or do you want peace. :biglaugh: please don't respond to that - inside joke!

i'd say that wind was kicking judging from the size of that flag! great colors! thanks for sharing!

edit: awesome sky in the first. i imagine with the weather you are currently getting the potential for sky shots is high!

Hey thx ! Yeah Raymond , I think maybe if I could of had a pol filter at the time for the first shot would of improved the wash out in the middle. I'm currently looking at a few lens and a filter kit.

And Roger that on sky shots JonMikal. Hopeful I'll have the time to post a few when the time is right. Thx for looking and for the comments.

Normally, I am not too great a fan of flag photos. But the second one here is nice. Great colours, huge (!, yes indeed!) flag, much action. How was the weekend after this? (Sorry to be asking only on Thursday after that, but I was away this past weekend myself and am since feeling unable to catch up with all that happened on TPF in the mean time :( ). At least I can't tell I heard anything in the news...

Most reactions