It wasn't a good day to die ...

BillM

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
... for this little robin. A red tail hawk knocked a pair of them out of a nest the other day and then every bird within 20 miles ganged up on the red tail and trapped it in the tree lol Unfortunately i couldn't get a decent shot of the red tail.

But I did have time to grab my camera for a quick shot. I think the robin was more stunned than anything, after a few minutes it flew away. This was in my backyard. I needed to get it out of the yard so my dog's wouldn't get it. If a hawk gets them then that is just mother nature doing her thing but leaving it for my dog's just isn't right.

Unfortunately work has been brutal for the last few weeks so not much time for shooting, other than a walk one day a week. Hopefully tomorrow is that day.

Ya it looks like he is eyeing it up.

I really wish I could have got a shot of all the robins and whatnot attacking it, it was really an amazing sight. But I was kind of on a conference call at the time lol

I really wish I could have got a shot of all the robins and whatnot attacking it, it was really an amazing sight. But I was kind of on a conference call at the time lol
You're shooting while on a conference call? :lol: I hope that baby survived though, I would have tried to put it back in its nest. :(

It was able to fly away Raj :thumbup:

Thank goodness it was alright after all that Bill. When we get Hawks here at the estuary, Stilts, Spurwing Plovers and Magpies all take off and attack the heck out of them. No wonder the wings on the Hawks get ripped. Big Hawks as well here. Great story Bill and a good shot as well BTW. Interesting read thanks.

All the best Bill.

Danny.

Poor birdie...Raj if you pick it up and put it back the hawk already knows its location, isn't that more dangerous feeding it to the hawk? Just asking. I know nothing of birds' behaviors...You are too kind, Raj....

Good shot Bill...you must have a good backyard where you have a lot of birdies to do a shoot each time...

There actually haven't been too many birds around for the last week or two, now I think I know why lol

Except the hummingbirds of course, they ain't afraid of anything :wink:

Most reactions

Back