It won't be long before they get red rings on them!

Sure, they have high megapixels, but what's the quality of those pixels? And surely, as we learned from Nikon and its 36mp behemoth, the D800/E, a lot of pixels equals a need for higher quality lenses. What casual shooter out there has shooting discipline to support those pixels? I do see a lot of "chicken wing" people out there shooting on a smart phone.

We also have to look at the market on this one. People can now create poster sized images of their dinner, if they wish. Tragic. They can upload duck-faced selfies to Facebook and Instagram, too, as well as any other site that may be mobile friendly, provided that particular service allows uploads that size! And while we're on the topic of size, seriously...41 Megapixels...what camera has room for a bunch of files that big? Someone's gonna need a couple of 32 gig micro SD cards just to go to a bar!

Last edited:
41 megapixles...what would one ever do with that many pixels?

640k of memory is a lot...who will ever need more than 640k of memory? lol

I am wondering about the new Sony QX10 and QX100, totally new form factor cameras that clip onto smartphones. Both Q-series cameras are brand new to the market this month.

Sharpen Your Smartphone Photos With Sony's New Cameras - WSJ.com

I can't imagine what you would do with a 41 megapixel smartphone. If I really wanted that many megapixels, I would have a 41 megapixel DSLR. Sadly I know that the vast majority to photographers these days simply snap a picture of whatever they please with their phones. I'm guessing that trend will continue to fall that way until smartphones really can take SLR quality photographs.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back