Italian landscapes

thetathink

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'd like some honest feedback about what you think of these. Just starting to get back into photography and am looking for all the help I can get. Thanks!

4899823099_20c0a1cd21_b.jpg

4899827379_538ee1c774_b.jpg

4899827393_2dd227e716_b.jpg

4899823083_d63ecd3e7a_b.jpg

4899827405_f80485e6e4_b.jpg

4899827407_757ab1f9ee_b.jpg

4899827413_29d10329e9_b.jpg

First...these are great....really great. Second, I think the first few could use just a tad bit of contrast...not much, but a little. The first few seem to have a little haze to them possibly from UV or just the environment and a tad bit of contrast will kill the haze look. Other than that I think they look great...exposure and composition are spot on. I can tell this isn't your first time behind a camera.

Edit: Were these shot on digital or film? The more I look the more I think it looks like film which could be part of the non-contrast look...if so, I like it and would leave it....I think a couple of those would look stunning in B&W too.

Hey thanks for the compliments. These are all digital - shot on a crappy Canon Rebel XT. I just color graded them to give them an old Italian feeling.

Hey thanks for the compliments. These are all digital - shot on a crappy Canon Rebel XT. I just color graded them to give them an old Italian feeling.

Well I love the look personally. Very nostalgic feeling.

wow! those mountains in the first shot are breath taking! in the third shot i would clone out the red boat... because its distracting ,imo.
great job!

I agree, I think it would look better with a straight line of water along the bottom.

I was there a few years ago...is that Capri?

Great shots...the last two look like minature models for some reason

I was there a few years ago...is that Capri?

Great shots...the last two look like minature models for some reason

Yup, these were taken in Capri. The first one is Lake Como thought, which is up in Northern central Italy. And the last shot was in Naples after we got back from Capri. Did you get to do the water tour around the island? It was amazing! We were only there for one day, can't wait to go back.

Yeah the last 2 shots I was playing around with faking DOF to give it a miniature feel(tilt/shift).

Most reactions

Back