Italian lunch

I do like the composition but I think picture is slightly over exposed and maybe you should have used smaller aperture to get a wider DOF.

Over all its very nice.

Okay, I will use a deeper DOF next time to include all the pasta as well as a bit more of the tomatoes.

why did you light it like this?

The lighting is a bit harsh creating a lot of shadows. That is killing the feel of the shot for me.
I do like your composition and man you just made me hungry. =) Try it again! Some good stuff here.

How do you deal with harsh light? How can I make it not harsh without having to put Vaseline on the bulb?

My opinion ... you shoot this shot the other way around...I feel like the front should be the back because of the shadow. My neck is craning to turn it around so the shadow should be at the back. If you backlight this and put a white or black background this will work. On white background, try to move your camera further until the harsh shadow mostly disappear. I do not know how to explain this in plain words really...will the phrase "Stand back a little" help? The placement of the items on the table is good though...I suppose it is too late now to do anything really because this meal had already been consumed by now...

I will have to make another one!

Yea for this one I used the light from inside the kitchen. I should have used the one on the outside.

I like how you set the food up, but I agree that the light is too harsh. Have you tried shooting food in natural light? This would look beautiful in natural light. If you don't have good light in your kitchen then look around your your house. Is there a window or doorway you could use? If the light looks to harsh, use a sheet to diffuse it. Try different angles to get the look you want. Also, try closing down your aperture to get a larger dof..You want your pasta completely in focus.

I really can't give you you much if any feedback until you send me some so I can try it!!!:mrgreen:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back