Italy - Genoa & Venice (last one!)

AUZambo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here's my final series from Italy...sorry I took 4 threads to do it! My great-grandfather was from Genoa, so we went there for a day, then it was off to Venice to complete the trip. C&C Welcome!

1. Sunset in Genoa: ISO100, 18mm, 1/125 sec, F9
dsc01657tueb6.jpg

2. Piazza San Marco - Venice: ISO400, 11mm, 1 sec, F11
dsc02076tuio8.jpg

3. Venice Shop: ISO100, 24mm, 1/60 sec, F7.1
dsc02176tulk8.jpg

4. Gondolas (this may be my favorite): ISO100, 40mm, 1/20 sec, F8
dsc02282tuof9.jpg

5. Venice Sunset I: ISO100, 26mm, 1 sec, F25
dsc02289tucv4.jpg

6. Venice Sunset II: ISO100, 24mm, 1/50 sec, F4.5
dsc02303tuue4.jpg

#4 with the Gondolas...is that water splash coming at you?

Nice pictures! I'm so jealous. I was there over ten years ago now and I took a lot of pictures with an old manual camera....I wish I could go back now with my digital!!

#4 with the Gondolas...is that water splash coming at you?

Yes. The gondolas were bouncing around quite a bit. I originally tried to use a prolonged exposure to try to capture the motion, but without a tripod or ND filture everything was blurry or it was overexposed.

I took about 10-20 pictures of those gondolas from different angles, but this one was my favorite of the bunch.

1,4,5,6 are all great IMO. Awesome series!

I know the blurred images in #2 were unavoidable, but overall it might be a bit over saturated.

All the rest are excellent shots, lighting wise.

#3 the shop is my favorite.

We were in Italy two years ago and your shot have brought back great memories. Nice.

Thanks for all the input. Of the four thread I started with my Italy pics in it, this one has my favorite pictures. It's very easy to take good pictures in Venice.

My wife and I are wanting to maybe get a 16x20 of a couple of my shots printed over canvas and either stretched over a frame, or simply framed. Which do you think would look best if blown up that big?

Also, is it just me or does #3 look a little tilted to the left?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back