It'll all be over in 24 hours!

PlasticSpanner

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.cheshirecatcarclub.info
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Last rally of the year and ANWCC championship tonight and we're desperatly holding on to 1st place in the Novice category.

My friend also from my town is just 11 points behind us but as yet hasn't entered! If it stays that way we can take victory and have an easy night, but if he enters tonight then we have to push hard again!

A good result last weekend got us back in the lead, despite hitting the scenery 5 times, but also he failed to finish for whatever reason I don't know. Maybe he wrecked the car and won't be out again or maybe he pulled out to preserve the car for a good finish tonight?

The suspense is killing me! :lol:

Good luck!

By the way, you might be interested in this. I don't know if you'd be able to enter it in the Polo though. I do know the organiser so might be able to pull some strings as your car has a motorsport history.

http://www.caledonianmsc.freeuk.com/n_carrera08.htm

I want to do it next year and it may be the last one too. But with the 10CR I may not be able to afford it.

If you watch the video I know the two grey Mk1 saloons and have put out feelers to get one for myself before Christmas. That'll be three cars! :eek:

Very, very long 48 hours!

Last nights rally was incredably icy & slippy with cars off everywhere! Managed to finish 22nd overall & 1st Novice from 50+ entries. Our championship rival was fast all night, too fast! They went off several times and had a few mistakes and managed to finish 21st overall, just 3mins 20 seconds ahead after seven and half hours rallying & not enough to stop us clinching the championship!

Turned into a battle to the very end which I think I prefer as it makes the victory more of an acheivement.

So in the ANWCC Road Rally Championship I finished 6th overall, 1st Novice & second under 1400cc car. http://www.anwcc.org/ch08-rr.htm :D

Just woken up so now it's time to celebrate woth a coffee and games with the kids! :D

That's bloody awesome!!!!!!!! Am thrilled for you!!! (Good to hear you and the car made it safely through the slippy conditions. Makes for a tense drive, I'm sure!)

first.gif

Tense is an understatement especially after we saw our rivals at the start with a late entry! :lol:

Quick sample photo from the official photographer on the night. We have a whole load of prints to order from different events through the year! :D

Y2K%20Rally%202008%20%20(c)%20Brian%20Gilbert%20032.jpg

Y2K%20Rally%202008%20%20(c)%20Brian%20Gilbert%20078.jpg

Thanks Pete.

Heard of Stowe gardens before. Think it was used as a sprint or single venue rally sometime?

Well that's it for the year. I'm not even going to wash the car for a bit! I'm going to take a couple of weekends off & takes some photos again, starting with my wifes cousins wedding this weekend! :confused:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back