jstuedle

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.picture-daddy.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi everyone,
I know most here either never saw one of my posts, or don't really remember me. But, I'm back! :lol: I left the boards late winter of last year due to some illness. Since that time, I received my second kidney transplant from my son. That was last November. It's now been over 7 months since the transplant and everything seems to be doing well. I don't have the stamina that I once had, but I've been taking a lot of pics and feel the need to get back into some old grooves. I've been shooting a few bands lately,(pics posted to pbase) experimenting with off camera flash per the "Strobist" method and generally been keeping as busy as I can handle. So if you see me on the board being a general pain in the butt, remember, I'm back! :D

Wow, welcome back. Sorry to hear what you went through but what a loving son to give you a kidney. Look forward to your photos.

Welcome back, John! Of course, I remember you and so will a lot of other people.

I had no idea what you were going through. :hug:: I'm so glad to hear this is behind you and things are looking good. Your son is amazing; you must be proud beyond words.

Now, let's see some pics! :lol:

Hey John, great to have you back, man! Great news about your successful transplant and what an amazing story about the kidney being donated by your son! :hail:

Thanks everyone. I hope to become at least as involved as I was before, that may be to everybody's disappointment! :lmao: And yes, my son is a very special young man. He is 28, has a daughter that will turn one this week and has a heart of pure gold. All three of our children were tested and were good to prefect matches. All stepped up to help when the need was there. Cathy, my wife has always been there for me. When I first went into kidney failure in 1990, she stuck by me. When I was in the hospital and ready to give up, each time I opened my eyes she is the first thing I saw. Cathy has always been there for me, for more than 3 decades. A truly great woman and love. God bless them all.
It good to be remembered by the group. It just one more thing that gives an old fart the "warm and fuzzies" all over. Thanks from the bottom of my heart to everyone. :hail:

I remember your name. Welcome back. Glad to hear everything went well, and that you're back to snapping pics. I look forward to seeing you post some here on the board.

John!!!! I've wondered about you often, actually! I've WORRIED about you often!!!! I'm so glad to see you around and posting again!!!!

Thanks Cory, thats very sweet of you. I'm glad to see your joke of the day thread is still in full bloom. And I see the self abuse, ... or .... a ...... portrait thread has been revived. All in all, a lot of the same ole Nikon vs Canon, what lens should I buy, what should I set for this and that. I feel like I could step right back into the fray. As a matter of fact, I did, I did as Tweety might say. Thanks again to all those who remember, and for the good wishes. So, watch out, I'm baaaaack!

Most reactions

Back