It's been a while. C&C please

Nautifish

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Good afternoon everyone.
It has been a while since i was last here i hope everyone had a Fab xmas & Great new yr.
I thought i would share a couple of recent photo's with you all. Would love too hear your comments and feed back.
Thank you so much.

bench2copyright.jpg

squirrel.jpg

DSC_9140.jpg

cntower-1.jpg

it might just be the low res on my phone but the sky in number 1 looks overexposed.

I really like number 2 - the squirrel seems to be sauntering into frame so you can take a picture of it. Whilst the brick background feels a bit distracting to me, I love thefocus and depth of field.

I also like number 3 although the swan seems to be a little too central in the frame to me.

I'd love to be able to offer more but as I'm fairly new to photography I only have the basics and can't offer expert advice on the science of pictures. Hopefully one of the more experienced members here will be able to do so :)

I appreciate all feedback Eckozero.

The Mute swan i purposley centered,Reason being , He was surrounded by Canadian geese and i did not want them in this particular shot. I wanted the whole focus too be on the swan and nothing else ;).
Thank you so much.

Heres my amateur opinion:

#1. I like the different angles. The sky does look overexposed. I like the color.
#2. Im a sucker for earth tones so I love this one. There's nothing I dont like about it.
#3. I dont like the dark vignette around the picture. I honestly dont know why. I just dont. I want to see more of the water, where he's going and where he's been.
#4. Love the blue shades! Not a fan of the line going through the center. I just took a pic the other day of a church only to realize when I got it home, it had a line just like yours going through it. I could edit it out but I probably wont.

That water the swan is in does not look appealing.

And that edit job for #4 is a little overboard. things are actually outlined in that deep shade of blue...

I like the composition of #1, which bench to sit on? The slightly blown sky didnt bother me much, but the bottom of the bridge looks like it might not be level with the bottom of the frame. But maybe I am seeing things because the edge looks vertical.

#1: Maybe move the copyright (to the right corner?)...seems distracting where it is.
#2: :thumbup:
#3: I'm w BJPhotography, the vignette doesn't work for me
#4: I'd love it w/o the lines
My $0.02.

Most reactions

Back