It's been a while

carldelain

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I just got a camera again after a long winter without one.
I didn't have a whole lot of time yesterday, but I had to get outside.
So, this is one of the only 5 or 6 shots i actually took of this guy before he ran off and i went back inside.
This was taken with a 22mm f/2.8 reversed on my T2i. I think there's a little gunk on the inside of it, so i'm going out again today with the 50mm.

14lplwy.jpg

Last edited:
can i pick your brain for a sec? I found reverse rings online (guessing that's what you're using for your lens) and they're so cheap, i figured why not give them a shot. So i got one for each of my lenses. well the first one arrived the other day and i started snapping pics with it and the first thing i noticed was a bright white ring around the top of the images. the second thing i noticed was that they were all way over exposed. Did you have any issues like this? Again, I'm assuming you're using a reversing ring.

This thread will get a lot of views just because it's titled "It's been a while".. :lmao:

can i pick your brain for a sec? I found reverse rings online (guessing that's what you're using for your lens) and they're so cheap, i figured why not give them a shot. So i got one for each of my lenses. well the first one arrived the other day and i started snapping pics with it and the first thing i noticed was a bright white ring around the top of the images. the second thing i noticed was that they were all way over exposed. Did you have any issues like this? Again, I'm assuming you're using a reversing ring.

Actually, I wasn't patient enough to wait for a reversal ring in the mail when I got a new camera, so I actually hot glued a 52mm filter to an old cover I had cut a hole in and sanded down. so, that mounted to my camera and then I just screw on my 50mm or 22mm. But, it functions no differently. You'll probably want to stop your lens down a bit. This was at f11 I believe. I'm using an old 50mm smc pentax prime lens, so I can do it right on the lens.

For the ring of light, I'm not really sure. Your flash could be too close to your lens (also could be some of the cause to your exposure problem), or you could have some light seeping in somewhere, but that I really don't know. I've never had the problem. Maybe someone else can help!

Actually, I wasn't patient enough to wait for a reversal ring in the mail when I got a new camera, so I actually hot glued a 52mm filter to an old cover I had cut a hole in and sanded down. so, that mounted to my camera and then I just screw on my 50mm or 22mm. But, it functions no differently. You'll probably want to stop your lens down a bit. This was at f11 I believe. I'm using an old 50mm smc pentax prime lens, so I can do it right on the lens.

For the ring of light, I'm not really sure. Your flash could be too close to your lens (also could be some of the cause to your exposure problem), or you could have some light seeping in somewhere, but that I really don't know. I've never had the problem. Maybe someone else can help!

ah gotcha. ye ole hot glue. i'd be mad I didn't think of that if I hadn't spent $0.25 on the ring haha. i'll figure it out with a little more finagling.

Maybe post a picture of a sample shot along with a shot of your setup to help give us a better idea (create own thread :p)

Could be light seeping in or your flash. Also with exposure are you using a lens with manual aperture? I use an old Minolta 28mm and adjust aperture on lens itself like OP.

On topic nice capture :)

Coincidentally, since you mentioned this, I got my tubes in the mail and was excited to try them out and am now having the same problem as you haha :thumbdown:.
It seems no matter where i place my flash I get a bit of flare in the photo. It's terrible with my 50mm. I don't think I get it at all with my 22mm. Though, without tubes (just 50mm reversed or 22mm reversed) I don't have this problem with either lens.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back