It's been months for me....

jlykins

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.jlykinsphotos.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
It's been months for me since I've been on here last. Been super busy with my new studio and lots of weddings/seniors. Anyway here are a few of my favorites as of late....

4104085373_aac862af42_o.jpg

4104849482_529f521704_o.jpg

3923021290_7a06348301_o.jpg

Welcome back, I'm glad to see that your studio is doing well.

Welcome back, I'm glad to see that your studio is doing well.
Thanks Mike... How are things in CA?

good stuff! Love the last image!
Thanks for the compliment. I really liked that last image too. He looks like a guy that you wouldn't want to run into in a dark alley, but John is a wonderful caring guy. Great friend, and all around good person.

Welcome back!! Glad to hear things are busy. After that one rather contentious thread, I thought you pulled a Jerry on us & took off.

Welcome back!! Glad to hear things are busy. After that one rather contentious thread, I thought you pulled a Jerry on us & took off.

Yeah, I thought about it. Actually that's part of the reason I haven't been around. Kind of got turned off... Anyway, I'm back!

Yeah, I thought about it. Actually that's part of the reason I haven't been around. Kind of got turned off... Anyway, I'm back!

Gotta let it roll off your back. The person causing all that commotion has had one post on here since July.

I was looking through the web site and saw the cookbook....wouldn't happen to have the recipe for Skyline in there, would you?? :lol:

I'll have to swing by & check out the studio when I'm down that way....I make a run down to Walton about once a month.

Glad to see you've returned. :thumbup:

I'm afraid I just don't get the first two photos. What exactly is that supposed to be? They just seem a little random, and I feel like the lack of expression in their faces doesn't invite the viewer into the image.

I'm afraid I just don't get the first two photos. What exactly is that supposed to be? They just seem a little random, and I feel like the lack of expression in their faces doesn't invite the viewer into the image.

The first two were actually taken at a different time/location than the last one. The top two were done in a recording studio for the models portfolios. The first shot was done in the main sound room in front of the mixer(which is where she has her feet proped) and I told her to think of herself as a record exec. What would she do if she was the owner.... She threw her feet up and gave me that all business attitude. You can see in the background the guitar is out of focus but there. It's meant to convey the theme, or location of the recording studio.

The second shot was just the two models doing their thing. They wanted to have a shot of the two of them together, so I said give me a serious look. That's what I came out with. I thought the second shot was pretty good actually. Not really meant to "mean" anything, just some good stuff for a portfolio.

Third shot was my buddy John at a lighting workshop we both attended. one softbox high directly above him pointing down. I enjoy that picture so much that I have since started a series of shots with that same lighting setup. A "self project" if you will. I love the detail, and emotion of it.

I very much like the first image. The model looks like she's in charge in this scene (#1). #2 The model (personally) appears to be a commodity if you get my meaning.

Most reactions

Back