It's cupcake time!

RauschPhotography

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
And yet, still too early for Valentine's day..not like anyone would turn down a cupcake ;) Minor tweaking in LR3. C&C if you'd like.

IMG_2920.jpg

IMG_2906.jpg

I like the delicate and fancy decoration of the first cupcake, but I think the background, out of focus cupcake at the top is competing for attention with the foreground cupcake. I did a hands-to-screen crop, and I think the photo would be improved a lot by cropping some off of the left hand side, and quite a bit off of the top. The brown area at the upper right hand corner is doing nothing positive for the shot. The second photo is just a non-starter for me.

I think a just slightly higher perspective in #2 would have been better so that the decorations on the very top of the cupcake are in focus as well as everything else that's already in focus :)

That's my only "pick" :)

Thanks guys! I appreciate the feedback. I wasn't working with any special lighting, just my speedlite. Derrel-I see what you mean, and I do agree with the background OOF cupcake kind of stealing the attention, I'll keep this in mind next time :)

Most reactions

Back