It's Friday! Time for a chuckle... at my expense!!!!!

480sparky

Chief Free Electron Relocator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
pixels.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
OK, here's the scoop:

My driveway is not wide enough to park my pickup and my work van side-by-side (at least not be able to open the doors on one or the other). So I must park bumper - to - bumper. This means if I want to drive the vehicle parked further in, I gotta pull the other out and jockey them around.

Well, this morning, I needed to pull the van out so I could use my pickup. As I was doing so, this happened:

I apologize for the time stamps not matching, but I gave up trying to keep them in synch.

I hate when chit like this happens, but in retrospect it really isn't all that bad. A little cosmetic damage to the front of the van (nothing mechanical, so I can live with it), and a busted tail light on the truck.

Called a local junkyard, they have a replacement for 35 clams.

If I didn't need to pull forward to line the van up, my house would have been hit. Been a little slower, and the side of the van would have taken the hit possibly rendering the doors inoperable.

Just a Friday chuckle for ya!

Wouldn't be funny to me. How did pickup get into gear? Got gremlins?

Watched it 2X and still can't tell what I'm looking at.

Watched it 2X and still can't tell what I'm looking at.

My own vehicle backed into my other vehicle while I was in the other.

Not backup cameras, dash cams. Lower left is my van, upper right is my pickup. I had both running and synchronized the videos.

It slipped into reverse on its own and backed into me. I stopped the van so it would 'take one for the team' and keep my house from getting hit.

Won't make fun of you over this. Stuff happens. In a perfect world all the cars would be made with rubber bodies so they would just take the impact and bounce right back into shape.

OH no! Glad it was minor and not major. If that had happened to me I would be pulling my hair out.

Oops. Glad nobody was hurt and damage is minimal.

The truck took the larger hit.

Boo%20boo%203%20post.jpg

$37 & change at the junkyard, like it never happened.

Boo%20boo%204%20post.jpg

How in the world did it put itself into reverse? That seems like a pretty big deal... and warrants investigation / repair.

And if my driveway was wide enough to fit two cars, but can't get in or out the doors, I'd either park them in diagonals (one front left, the other back right) so I can get either out without moving the other and the doors aren't blocked, or I'd back in the one on the right so each drivers doors faces outward.

I absolutely despise jockeying the van to get to the SL. If I could avoid it through clever parking, I most surely would.

They got driveways in New York City? Heck I thought everybody double parked, ignored tickets and if he owned a vehicle, they usually had to park it a mile or so from where they live if they were lucky.:allteeth:

Most reactions

Back