It's fun to look and see...

misstwinklytoes

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
how much I've grown over the past.... 3 months or so. Can you tell me what has improved? What still needs improving?

This is one of my "best" shots when I first got the cam:
IMG_0416a_editedlowres.jpg

And another from my first cam "shoot"
aedittedlowres.jpg

IMG_2959.jpg

Well your focus has improved greatly. Very well done...

However, I think I prefet the composition of the first one... But thats just me... Also I am not a fan of really bright colorful images (in most cases)... But thats just me...

I have to say part of the focus issues is due to the new lens! But irregardless, I'm liking the "new" focus better! Thanks busrider!

how much I've grown over the past.... 3 months or so. Can you tell me what has improved? What still needs improving?

And these are more recent pictures:
IMG_2936.jpg

I think this is a very solid child's location portrait. Good use of an out of focus foreground element, good focus on the eyes and face, excellent expression, good processing of the image. Simply very solid!

IMG_2959.jpg

This shot however, has odd skin tones, and her head is too near the top of the frame, resulting in a cramped and tension-filled look to the photo. This shot is not well-composed, nor is it well-processed.

Truthfully, I think the first two shots posted are stronger than the latter two.

No, they were RAW.

Ouch Geaux, but I appreciate your honesty and opinion. :)

lol, no OUCH. I meant it, not trying to put you down. I just think the poses/composition of the first two are very strong.

I know, I didn't take it as a put down, just as you said it. :)

I'm hoping to get the boy in #1 for some more senior shots, since I've learned a lot since then. (He was in a bad car accident and broke his ankle and neck, but is up for photos soon. What a trooper!)

Maybe I'll combine my talents with his poses. :)

Most reactions

Back