I am Big, I am Mike
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.mikehodson.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I love garage/yard sales. One person's junk is another person's treasure.

Yesterday I picked up two hot-shoe flashes for $1 each. One is a very small Braun that is purely automatic and the other is a slightly bigger, but still very small Vivitar that does have two power settings and an adjustable ISO/distance scale.

I haven't even tested them out yet...but for $2, I'm happy.

I dream that one day I will find a Leica at a garage sale for $3. :drool:

Anyone else find anything good?

I'd be happy just to see some junky photo stuff at a yard sale around my neighborhood. It's always discarded women's clothing, like crappy pink linen, or broken kids' toys. :x

I need to head out to better neighborhoods! :lol:

I hear ya...most sales are just that...old clothes and broken kid's toys. I think the best sales for photo gear are estate sales or anytime that someone is selling someone else's stuff.

Some of the best yard sales/garage sales happen here all year around. In a city called Sun City. It's very sad because it's all a huge retirement community and after loved ones die the spouses or kids sell everything they had. But the deals are quite good, especially if you keep going every week.

BM, keep lookin' for the $3.00 Leica. Some day you will find it!

i think there would be some M42 old lenses can pick up

tasty!

Mitica100 said:
Some of the best yard sales/garage sales happen here all year around. In a city called Sun City. It's very sad because it's all a huge retirement community and after loved ones die the spouses or kids sell everything they had. But the deals are quite good, especially if you keep going every week.

BM, keep lookin' for the $3.00 Leica. Some day you will find it!

maybe $3.00 buy a Leica M

I haven't found any bargins yet this year. Previous treasures include a Grafmatic film holder (holds 6 sheets of 4x5) for $10 (they go for about $60 on Ebay), and my Rolleiflex 3.5E Planar with accessories for $150 ($350 to $400 on Ebay).

Most reactions

Back