Didereaux

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
tinyurl.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
IMG_6886.jpg

LOL What a good shot! I'm going to be so happy when our weather warms up a little (-20 c right now) and I can get out and shoot again.

You have found or made a real conducive environment for them. Great color and composition. Happy wildlife.

Very nice! I'd be interested to know how you get so many different birds to all go to the same place.

Very nice! I'd be interested to know how you get so many different birds to all go to the same place.

Several bird feeders, a pretty decent waterer/bath several different plants, shrubs, small trees etc. then like the pyracantha berries I just go out along the roadside and cut a few branches and place them in spots that the birds will likely land on going to or from the feeders. Lot more complicated than it sounds . If I can make the link work here is a shot made out the patio door of the whole mess. Our whole backyard is barely 50x50'
(
First that isonly a fraction of the species that hang around here during the winter.
Wel not exactly the same place, but in the same garden area. Chickadees, 3-4 different warblers, kinglets, Mockingbirds Collared Doves, house wrens, house finches... and in the late spring about 50-60 migrating species. You can get some into the yard fofr a shot, but of the over 250 species that come through here you will have to travel around the area a bit and get lucky to get decent shots of them.
12654479_947759501976317_2944824432871913071_n.jpg

about 6' to the right of the waterer is an old BBQ pit. I stuck a piece of old snag in it and some pyracantha. Plants in the backgeound are Angel Trumpet, and Red Leaf Castor.
12654580_947759531976314_1883694931342877016_n.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for this. I am slowly trying to make my back yard more favorable for photos. I already attract many different species but the shrubs and trees provide too much cover. I need to get them a bit closer and more in the open but in natural looking habitat. Your photos give me some good ideas to use the local flora in similar circumstances. Thanks again.

Thanks for this. I am slowly trying to make my back yard more favorable for photos. I already attract many different species but the shrubs and trees provide too much cover. I need to get them a bit closer and more in the open but in natural looking habitat. Your photos give me some good ideas to use the local flora in similar circumstances. Thanks again.

you're welcome.

Several bird feeders, a pretty decent waterer/bath several different plants, shrubs, small trees etc. then like the pyracantha berries I just go out along the roadside and cut a few branches and place them in spots that the birds will likely land on going to or from the feeders. Lot more complicated than it sounds . If I can make the link work here is a shot made out the patio door of the whole mess. Our whole backyard is barely 50x50'
(
First that isonly a fraction of the species that hang around here during the winter.
Wel not exactly the same place, but in the same garden area. Chickadees, 3-4 different warblers, kinglets, Mockingbirds Collared Doves, house wrens, house finches... and in the late spring about 50-60 migrating species. You can get some into the yard fofr a shot, but of the over 250 species that come through here you will have to travel around the area a bit and get lucky to get decent shots of them.
12654479_947759501976317_2944824432871913071_n.jpg

about 6' to the right of the waterer is an old BBQ pit. I stuck a piece of old snag in it and some pyracantha. Plants in the backgeound are Angel Trumpet, and Red Leaf Castor.
12654580_947759531976314_1883694931342877016_n.jpg
That is very resourceful and insightful. Wonderful creation for the birds and environment, well done sir.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Nice "studio". My problem is my back yard is just too big! Plenty of birds but I have to stalk them.

Thanks for sharing!

I got tripped up with the title,For some unknown reason my stupid brain read it's Gerber time and expected to see cereal with a baby on it.Great shot.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back