It's Happening!

Big

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
coffmanimages.webs.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have been talking to the girlfriend of my girlfriend's brother and asked me for some pictures of a weekend I went away with my girl and her brother up in Maine. I took a few shots of the mountains and such (1 in particular that I really like). I emailed them to her and asked what she had planned for them and she wants to frame the landscape shots and hang them on the wall of their new apartment! I'm very flattered but I don't even have any of my shots hung on the wall really! Should I be the one to print it for her? I don't know her that well and would kinda feel like a jerk asking her for money... I don't know, maybe I'm over thinking it, it's just that people on here talk so much about how nice it is to have someone want your work and have it framed. I finally have my chance!

I thought maybe I could have them printed at a camera shop and have her pick our a frame and just charge her what it cost to do it. That way I get the satisfaction that she knows it's something I'm proud of.

I think you are reading to much into it. Are these photos that you intended to make money from? If not I don't see the harm in letting her "have" some.
Now if she turns around copies and sales prints...that's another story.

If you live near a costco you can get a huge 20x30 for only like 9 bucks and the quality looks good :)

If you live near a costco you can get a huge 20x30 for only like 9 bucks and the quality looks good :)

That is reasonable. If she did not want to pay, you could still afford to provide her with a print - maybe even smaller than 20x30. Let here frame it. If you are concerned about the look, then you frame it...

new apartment = housewarming gift?
just food for thought.

new apartment = housewarming gift?
just food for thought.
That was actually what I was thinking today at work. I think it's a good idea. I just messaged her and said I'd be happy to give it to her and her bf as a housewarming gift but she can pick out the frame cause there are so many designs! lol

nice!
im sure they'll be thrilled.
as will you when you see it on the wall. :D

She actually wants 4 of my shots printed! I guess she's willing to pay me to have them printed which is fine with me. She is declining the housewarming gift since she thinks it will jynx the buying process! lol I am so curious as to which ones she wants! Is Ritz a decent place to have prints done? I'm avoiding Walmart at all costs!

I don't have any advice, I just want to say congratulations! I'd love for someone to want to display my work!!

Most reactions

Back