It's hockey time again!

Sharkbait

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.whitesharkphoto.com
A couple shots from the playoff game this past weekend. By far one of the best games I've ever seen at any level of play. :D :thumbsup:

IMG_7330_edited_RS.jpg

The grain in this one is a by-product of a very long lens and 1600ISO. I was going to try to clean it up, but then kind of liked the gritty, newspaper-y look to it, so decided to leave it.

IMG_7353_edited_RS.jpg

IMG_7368_edited_RS.jpg

Wow. I really like that first one. The combination of short DOF and motion blur bring your attention right to his had. Nice! I like the angles in the third one, too. The contrast in the second one bothers me. It's just white, grey, and black. Their faces blur into the background.

Dude, are they playing the Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs? (if so, thats where i'm from, small world)

tr0gd0o0r said:
Dude, are they playing the Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs? (if so, thats where i'm from, small world)

Yup, we played the 'bugs in the first round. It was a heck of a series--I caught game 3 here in Indy. Looking at the CHL website, you guys won game 5 though. :cry:

T'is a small world, that's for sure. :D

Thanks for the comments everyone.

Question, especially about the first shot (which I like best, as well). Does the color look kind of off to you? The lighting in this building is horrendous--3 or 4 different color temps, so color cast is different depending on where on the ice the players are. PITA to shoot and get a nice color. I tried to correct it in PS, but it still looks a bit off to me. :|

I love the composition on that last one. It really draws you all the way through the picture. Nice job!

Shark said:
Question, especially about the first shot (which I like best, as well). Does the color look kind of off to you? The lighting in this building is horrendous--3 or 4 different color temps, so color cast is different depending on where on the ice the players are. PITA to shoot and get a nice color. I tried to correct it in PS, but it still looks a bit off to me. :|
The color doesn't look off to me. I won't even have questioned it if you hadn't mentioned it.

The first one is the my favorite of the group. It has a great DOF and composition.

Harpper said:
The color doesn't look off to me. I won't even have questioned it if you hadn't mentioned it.

'k, that's cool. Must just be my overly-self-critical eye. ;-) I tried to base the color corrections off the whites, and it looks like the fleshtones are bit washed to me. :shrug: I guess it's the composition that counts most. :D

I'd agree that the flesh tones are a little washed out, i don't think the color is the problem tho, the whites are wondefully white, they're just a tad bright

Shark said:
'k, that's cool. Must just be my overly-self-critical eye. ;-) I tried to base the color corrections off the whites, and it looks like the fleshtones are bit washed to me. :shrug: I guess it's the composition that counts most. :D
For me I'm more critical about the composition so I'm more forgiving about correct color tones so don't based your judgement on my comments either. :wink: Now that I've studied the picture some more I can see why you said it's a bit washed out but I say it works for the picture.

In my opinion it works with the DOF you used and like I said earlier I didn't notice the problem the first time I saw it. If you had everything more in focused making the shot closer to the perfect side then I'm sure it would have stood out to my eyes. As it is right now, I think it adds to the artistic uniqueness of the picture even if you didn't intend to do so...but then again that could just be me.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back