Its just an egg...right?

daveinoz

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi All

A newbie and I have been playing around with the light tent I made and some how fell into doing an egg series:

_DSC0307.JPG

Dinosaur Egg

_DSC0294.jpg

Oriental egg (I stopped after this photo - when you start dressing up eggs you know its time to take a break!)
_DSC0324.JPG

Interrogated Egg

_DSC0315.JPG

Campfire Eggs

Neon%2520Egg%25202.jpg

Blue Egg

Its obviously all manipulated but I don't have Photoshop I just use Picasa which is free and has some fun tools. All things considered I think they have come out OK and I am even thinking about a series.

My actual question is regarding the last one- the blue egg. Personally I REALLY like the coolness of this shot but I am wondering whether erasing the shadow under the forks is going to help enhance the photo? I'd like to get this one enlarged and framed...

I have tried this in Picasa (not shown here) and gotten close with their touch up tool but it's noticeable and now wondering if I need to invest the time and money in photoshop to be able to manipulate photos more easily? I have fiddled in Photoshop before and feels like there is a LOT there that I may never use.

Thoughts on the photos and Photoshop appreciated!

P.S. Please note no eggs were harmed during this photo shoot...well maybe one...

Last edited:
An interesting, refreshing and fun idea. Nicely done.

A most egg-zellent set of photos! Well-done! You must be a pretty hard-boiled photographer to go so all-out on this. I know I myself would really have to scramble to get this many photos actually processed. I always have wayyyyy to much on my plate. Again, eggzellent work!

Derrel you are just full of yolks today.

Awww, Bynx, you just crack me up sometimes!

And back to the Original Poster's comment: "(I stopped after this photo - when you start dressing up eggs you know its time to take a break!)"

Uh....yeah...that has ALWAYS been my motto!!!

My actual question is regarding the last one- the blue egg. Personally I REALLY like the coolness of this shot but I am wondering whether erasing the shadow under the forks is going to help enhance the photo?

I understand your desire to erase the shadow, but the way it is now is distracting. I think I would just try to reshoot this with more light from the bottom. Are the forks resting on an opaque surface or a transparent surface? If they were on glass you could direct some light from underneath.

I like all these, BTW. Do some more!

Cool shots. Using Photoshop doesnt necessarily mean EASIER edits.. just more options on how to edit / some new effects.

Nice job. I always think its cool how people produce great photos out of such simple things. My brain just isn't wired that way.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back