Its like Christmas morning..........

pugnacious33

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
soundinsights.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
..........sitting here waiting for the UPS man to bring my 50D and 100-400L.

:er::drool::D

I'll be posting some preliminary reviews/thoughts and sample pics shortly. Assuming Brown doesn't have a fiery crash on the way here......knock on wood.

IMG_4595.jpg

I love this 50D. It is huge in my hands compared to the xti, but I will get used to it. I really thought the layout and settings would be hard to adapt to, but it is all pretty simple. I need to order another battery, I didn't realize the rech. were a different size.

Probably the most difficult thing to get used to will be the weight of that L lens. Wow, what a beast.

Gonna play with some indoor high ISO stuff tonight.

I took that same route, XTi -> 50D, and I know you will absolutely LOVE it. As far as I'm concerned, I really have no need to buy another camera untill I buy a 5DII or canon releases a successor to the 7D.

Congrats!

I took that same route, XTi -> 50D, and I know you will absolutely LOVE it. As far as I'm concerned, I really have no need to buy another camera untill I buy a 5DII or canon releases a successor to the 7D.

Congrats!

Thanks! I will probably stay APS-C, so i'll wait to see where things go from the 7D on up. Did you get a Batter Grip with your? Man, this thing is huge!

Congrats!

Thanks! I will probably stay APS-C, so i'll wait to see where things go from the 7D on up. Did you get a Batter Grip with your? Man, this thing is huge!

Yes, I got the Flashpoint one off Adorama.com (ZE-CBG40 Flashpoint Professional Battery Grip with Vertical Firing Release for Canon Digital 20D 30D 40D 50D SLR cameras)

I like it quite a bit, and compared to the expensive Canon one, this one has all the functionality for about 1/3 the price. As I wrote on my user review:

"Was looking for a grip and saw the Canon brand grip was very pricy. This boasts all the same features: AE Lock, AF select, and selection wheel along with the shutter button on the side; for a fraction of the cost. There doesn't seem to be any sacrifice in build quality, and even the rubber used for the side grip feels just as good, if not a bit softer than the rubber on my 50D.

Holds two 50D batteries or 6 AA batteries. Haven't used the AAs at all, but two regular batteries gives a significantly extended life span for shooting.

Grip is comfortable to hold in both regular and verticle shooting. Has tripod mount underneath, and on/off switch for the side buttons.

Very pleased with it and would recommend this highly!"

The only thing I would add is if you use a tripod mount strap (like the BlackRapid RS4 that I use), the verticle grip is a bit awkward to use with the strap attached because the strap mount is in the palm of your hand.

Cool, thanks for the info. I can definitely get used to the size, feels good in the hand. I started off with AA batts. and i'm glad now that I have the batt. grip............camera went dead after about 100 shots. I put in the charged LiIon and just one has gotten me 200 more shots and still has a full charge. I'm about to post up some samples here in a bit.

Most reactions

Back