It's official!!! 5d Mark III @ dpreview

These photos look great! Can't wait for mine to ship!

Until we get some standardized testing (ie, same position, same light, same f/stop, same focus point, same focal length, etc.) we can argue until the cows come home (and probably later) about how "sharp" or "soft" the camera is. And I don't recall anyone yet posting standardized test photos. If you know of any, I'd love to have a link.

5D Mark III Availability Update & Samples « Canon Rumors

"It’s also rumored Canon will regulate the price of this camera starting in May. Which means, there will be a certain price point that a retailer cannot go below to sell the camera. This sort of regulation will also make such things advertising “free” things to bundle with the camera not allowed. "

Hmm seems if Nikon do it so too will Canon - though at present it seems they are field testing it with just the 5DMIII. On the one hand it does even out the playing field between your bigbox store and your smaller private retailer since the bigger store can't just mass order and lower prices based on mass sales or deals (that is assuming the lowest price limit is still profitable for the smaller time store).

That said this might also mean that lacking the initial shop price war the camera might stay at Canons recommended retail price for a lot longer than expected/in the past. This will, of course, depend on what lower limit they set for the camera, so it it could pan out either way.

I didn't make the initial batch of pre-orders at B&H, now I supposedly won't get it until April. I wouldn't mind so much, but I sold the 7D to help pay for this, so now I have no camera!

On a similar note, it states that the camera takes SD and CF, can you use both at the same time?

Most reactions

Back