It's really starting to annoy me!

Lyncca

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.lynccaharveyphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
That I can't get any decent pictures of myself!

I am always the one taking the pictures "with the expensive camera" and everyone is thrilled to have such great shots of themselves, but I don't have any of myself!

I even set ALL the settings and made it as stupid-proof as possible for a coworker to take my picture on a freaking camel in Abu Dhabi and what do I get? Me, on a camel, who has no head or feet!

It's a good thing that all it takes is an expensive camera to take a photo :er:

I know how you feel! Typical photographer's fate. .. ;)

Does the camera have a time lapse mode? If it does set it to take 50 or 100 shots and do poses and looks in front of it. Check the LCD once in a while (if it displays after a shot is taken for and length of time (mine is settable 2 sec., 10 sec. 30 sec.)) to make sure you're in frame and all.

After 50 or so there will be at least one good one for sure! ;) Probably lots...

You can do the same thing on location if you have a tripod, bean-bag, or somewhere to set the camera. Turning on tracking during the time-lapse set works well here. As you cross the frame the focus point picks you up and tracks you. At least mine does - if one tracking point is blocked it dumps it and looks for another. Crossing the frame blocks all points and you become the tracking target. :D Manual is maybe better but not dynamic at all. :p

Last edited:
I picked up a wireless shutter (gotta watch my typing around that word... the I and U are right beside each other on the keyboard! :lol: ), from gadget infinity.

Would someting like this work for you? The one I got from them is a little different and works to well over 100ft... perfect for those self-portraits!

Something like this perhaps?:

I am always the one taking the pictures "with the expensive camera" and everyone is thrilled to have such great shots of themselves, but I don't have any of myself!

I even set ALL the settings and made it as stupid-proof as possible for a coworker to take my picture on a freaking camel in Abu Dhabi and what do I get? Me, on a camel, who has no head or feet!

HA I feel the same way. This is exactly the reason why I am tryng to teach my girlfriend the basics of photography and how to use my 40D

HA I feel the same way. This is exactly the reason why I am tryng to teach my girlfriend the basics of photography and how to use my 40D

Don't do it... if she starts enjoying it, you won't get it back! Girls can be very possessive ;)

Don't do it... if she starts enjoying it, you won't get it back! Girls can be very possessive ;)

Then he'll let her have it and buy himself a new camera ... a 1D Mk III -- "We can share lenses, dear .."

Lyncca,

Exactly what is it you expect???:confused: You are violating one of the 10 Commandments of Photography as handed down to [SIZE=-1]Louis-Jacques-Mandé Daguerre on Mount [/SIZE]Silver Nitrate in the form of two large daguerreotype's. The photography gods are punishing you for violating Commandment #5 Thou shall not come from behind the camera to make a graven image of thy self.

This is something that must be done by others at their time and choosing or the Photography Gods will smite you with back focus issues and other plagues. So Repent I say, Repent you evil ways of self photography, for it shall lead to no good. In the name of Kodachrome; Ektachrome; and Elite Chrome.... Amen.:lol:

Im not photogenic so Im kind of happy there arent many of me. ANd you let other people touch your cameras? :stun: :lol:

i may have to hire a professional... I don't know anyone competent enough to take a good photo of myself with the right angle, DOF, etc...

Does the camera have a time lapse mode? If it does set it to take 50 or 100 shots and do poses and looks in front of it. Check the LCD once in a while (if it displays after a shot is taken for and length of time (mine is settable 2 sec., 10 sec. 30 sec.)) to make sure you're in frame and all.

After 50 or so there will be at least one good one for sure! ;) Probably lots...

You can do the same thing on location if you have a tripod, bean-bag, or somewhere to set the camera. Turning on tracking during the time-lapse set works well here. As you cross the frame the focus point picks you up and tracks you. At least mine does - if one tracking point is blocked it dumps it and looks for another. Crossing the frame blocks all points and you become the tracking target. :D Manual is maybe better but not dynamic at all. :p

Yea, I get that I can take a picture of myself (my avatar is a self pic), but it isn't exactly candid. At parties, or on a desert safari, or any other location that you just want some pictures taken, this isn't going to do it...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back