Itsy Bitsy Bokeh

its not the size of the bokeh that matters...its how you use it.

very nicely done!

Was the bokeh an intentional effect or a happy accident? I think it changes the mood of the subject to a less cringe worthy one!

2 is my favorite, it's lively and fun. I really like 3, but I wish the background was solid grey, it just seems weird how half-bokeh and half-flat it is behind the web.

Great shots! Have you thought of either of the first two as vertical crops?

It might get a little fuzzy if I crop it any further but I'll give it a try to see how it looks. Thanks for the input.

Was the bokeh an intentional effect or a happy accident? I think it changes the mood of the subject to a less cringe worthy one!

The sparkly bokeh is from a copper and glass wind chime that is hanging right beside where spidey built his web. I didn't start out to use it, just trying to see if I could get a better look at our newest tenant, but the background is what made me take more than one shot.

2 is my favorite, it's lively and fun. I really like 3, but I wish the background was solid grey, it just seems weird how half-bokeh and half-flat it is behind the web.

I agree that the 1/2 bokeh is odd looking. That one is the sharpest of spidey though. A lot of my other shots he's fuzzy due to motion blur and camera shake. It was very breezy out on Sunday and the web was really moving plus I was hanging half out my kitchen window trying to get a clear shot of him while our dog barked and growled at me and like I was a burglar trying to break in. I'm sure the neighbors were highly amused.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back