I've been asked to shoot a chick in a bikini

You might also find a reflector, tripod and backpack of help as well - the tripod (weighted down with the backpack if needed) can be used to support/hold a reflector *you can get the cheaper 5in1 popup sort or any generally white reflective material that is rigid* to use as another light source. You can use this to direct a little more light onto your subject and if you use the one of the 5in1 sorts you have gold and silver tinges you can add to that reflected light as well as use the black side or the diffusion side to help block out some light if its too harsh.

Also I would recommend going through flickr and other similar sites and getting an idea for some poses that you want to do on the day. Scout out the site and try to get an idea of what you want to produce before you get there - its time well spent as it means you and your friend can arrive and have some instant direction and shots to achive - rather than both getting together and trying to work it out on the day (it can be done of course, but with inexperience chances are you'll spend a lot of this time trying to come up with good ideas and have the potential to shoot a lot of shots that you'll feel rather "meh" about afterwards)/

If you want to travel fairly light, just get a good sized reflector or two, but it may be best to bring along an assistant or two as well, so I guess technically thats not travelling light. :lmao:

Check this article out, not that it always applies, but it is useful and maybe will inspire you to not feel like you need a gaggle of strobes to do the job. Its a beach shot of Halle Berry with the simple lighting explained ( only a 20" reflector held by the photog )

How To: Five Professional Lighting Techniques | Photography - PopPhoto.com Offers Camera Reviews and Exclusive Photo Tips

make sure you bring a big black towel or cloth (thick) with you so when you take the shot, put it over your head and camera and see how the images came out. W/out that, you won't be able to see your LCD in the sun. Gluck

Last edited:
if she's hot post some pics:mrgreen:

:p
go to a nearby beach. lots of sexy chicks.
You will have lots of chicks to shoot .
BTW, I'm planning to buy a new Camera.
What is best right now? plz suggest

I'm a chick. I guess I do need to be careful about this, but I am very causal.

She is not paying me, she saw my work and wants to take some pictures for her fiance in Afghanistan, then we got to talking because my husband is also in Afghanistan, one thing led to another and I'm taking her photos on the beach in a swimsuit.

I was just asking for some pointers as this will be my first experience on the beach other then taking pictures of my kids.

We are going either at 8am or 6/7pm.

What time do you think would be better?

Now that I know some details. Use a polarizer, and be careful not to sharpen so that skin flaws become prominent. If anything use blur to soften. (do select and sharpen the eyes though) Either time is fine.

Most reactions

Back