I've erm, just bought this.

Just for what it's worth - I love my autostick shift system, pretty much just like the "semi-auto" you talk about but with 1-5 gears.

I like it but tend to leave it in the regular, auto "D" shifting simply because I'm too clumsy to mess with constantly shifting if I'm driving around the city. If I'm out on open highway or anywhere else with little traffic and stop-n-go I like the autostick.

Looks loike a noice likkwe motah, son. /cockney accent :).

But seriously, I'm surprised that thing's still running. Well, it has a Honda engine...

Nice car - the older the better i say! I have a tendency to throw up in new cars - something to do with the smell . . . :confused:

Nah, it's a mirror image.

You can tell that by the fact that it's an automatic. Only us lazies in the US drive automatics. The rest of the world all drive real transmissions. I would to if the laziness of the US hadn't made it impossible to find a real transmission.

I can see how some would take offense to that statement... But I have to agree!

I will never own an automatic.... I drive cars with real transmissions... I'm American. It makes shopping for a new car really really depressing. The entire line of Dodge SRTs are automatics except for the cheapest (SRT-4) and the most expensive (Viper). Even the symbol of American performance, the Vette, comes standard with an slush Auto... you have to pay extra for a manual trans.

I drive an automatic right now. Its a lot easier to eat or talk on your cellphone while driving an automatic, which is why we Americans like them so much.

so you need your feet for eating or talking on the phone? ;)

, I don't think I would like a manual transmission, they look like a pest to drive.

Hmm, actually for me automatics are horrible. Usually I bump the car into something when it is supposed not to move, also me feet are always in the wrong place, and I have to use my brain for operating the gears and break when I use an automatic.
With a proper manual I do not have to think, it just all happens automatically ;).

525da6df.jpg

:)

wow looks like you shined her up, did you repaint the front or just buff off the oxidation?

great to see old motors being put to good use, Honda motors are usually good for a couple of hundred thousand kliks....here in Italy, automatic transmissions are regarded as being for the handicapped.

Most reactions

Back