I've finally went and done it!

Shawnster

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I just ordered a Nikon D600 i hope somene can ease my fears of buyers regret as it will be a week before it gets here. All i can think about is oil spots on my sensor! Lol it has 9,000 shutter clicks on it and the guy says he never had the spot problem with it, but sent it too Nikon for the shutter replacement anyway. Said it was only used as as a backup camera. Some will argue it's just a more expensive D7000 which i already own, but i'm really hoping for some usable iso 3200 fairly clean photos as i shoot a lot of wildlife in the evening hours. So does anyone own the D600 and do you think i'll like it, or do you think i'll be in for a lot of headaches and sensor spots?

I have often said i would not recommend a d600 because it may need to go back to Nikon, but I live in Ireland and it has to be shipped over seas if that was required.

In the states where there are local enough Nikon service centres I don't think you can really go wrong with a d600. If it had an issue it will be fixed, and if it occurs again you get it replaced with a d610 as far as I know. If it doesn't have an issue you have a great fullframe camera, its a win win

He said it has never had the oil spots, but that he sent it in for a shutter replacement anyway.

So now you will not be able to get the shutter replaced at no charge because he has already done so.

So is the shutter count on the old shutter or the replacement shutter?

He said it has never had the oil spots, but that he sent it in for a shutter replacement anyway.

So now you will not be able to get the shutter replaced at no charge because he has already done so.

So is the shutter count on the old shutter or the replacement shutter?
He said 9,000 total clicks on the camera. And i think Nikon will clean the sensor for free if the problem arises again even after the shutter replacement. I'm hoping i don't have the problems with it. I got for $850 and it looks mint.

I just ordered a Nikon D600 i hope somene can ease my fears of buyers regret as it will be a week before it gets here. All i can think about is oil spots on my sensor! Lol it has 9,000 shutter clicks on it and the guy says he never had the spot problem with it, but sent it too Nikon for the shutter replacement anyway. Said it was only used as as a backup camera. Some will argue it's just a more expensive D7000 which i already own, but i'm really hoping for some usable iso 3200 fairly clean photos as i shoot a lot of wildlife in the evening hours. So does anyone own the D600 and do you think i'll like it, or do you think i'll be in for a lot of headaches and sensor spots?

I have recently got my d600 back from Nikon, it took them two weeks to replace the shutter mechanism.

Bought it from ebay at a fantastic price (knowing full well that Nikon replaced the shutter under warranty) with the seller saying it had no oil spot issues, within the week oil spots started showing up. I suspected they probably cleaned it themselves before selling it, which is fair enough. I sent it in to Nikon - such an easy process, fill in online claim form, at the end of the form you print off the free postage label. Box it up, attach label, give it to post office. Mine is literally one minute round the corner. Receive camera back a couple of weeks later with a brand new shutter mechanism! :)

Happy days.

If it happens again, which I don't think it will, I'll push for a d610.

And, hopefully this will settle your mind, whilst waiting for the d600 to be repaired, I bought a d7000 as backup. I too shoot wildlife mainly, and I'm happy to report to you that my d600 ISO range is a million times better than my d7000. I really am getting very usable images at 3200-6400 iso and they seem to be similar to the d7000 at 400 iso. The difference really is night and day.

Did have a d7100 before the d600 but sold that to pay for the d600. I prefer the d7100's features to the d7000 but again, got the d7000 for less than half the price of the d7100 and for a backup camera, it's great!

I know I gave way for ISO over reach with the crop sensor, but I mainly shoot in low-light conditions, so it made sense. Very happy with the d600.

Hope this helps, you will be really pleased! :)

I have recently got my d600 back from Nikon, it took them two weeks to replace the shutter mechanism.

Bought it from ebay at a fantastic price (knowing full well that Nikon replaced the shutter under warranty) with the seller saying it had no oil spot issues, within the week oil spots started showing up. I suspected they probably cleaned it themselves before selling it, which is fair enough. I sent it in to Nikon - such an easy process, fill in online claim form, at the end of the form you print off the free postage label. Box it up, attach label, give it to post office. Mine is literally one minute round the corner. Receive camera back a couple of weeks later with a brand new shutter mechanism! :)

Happy days.

If it happens again, which I don't think it will, I'll push for a d610.

And, hopefully this will settle your mind, whilst waiting for the d600 to be repaired, I bought a d7000 as backup. I too shoot wildlife mainly, and I'm happy to report to you that my d600 ISO range is a million times better than my d7000. I really am getting very usable images at 3200-6400 iso and they seem to be similar to the d7000 at 400 iso. The difference really is night and day.

Did have a d7100 before the d600 but sold that to pay for the d600. I prefer the d7100's features to the d7000 but again, got the d7000 for less than half the price of the d7100 and for a backup camera, it's great!

I know I gave way for ISO over reach with the crop sensor, but I mainly shoot in low-light conditions, so it made sense. Very happy with the d600.

Hope this helps, you will be really pleased! :)
Thanks!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back