I've Got a New Lens Coming in Today!!

I was debating on getting a lensbaby, but decided that I refuse to get one until I can afford to drop $250 for the Composer. That's the only one that I really care to use. And even then, only with the double glass optic. I look forward to seeing some photos from yours though!

Mark

Yeah, it should be interesting. I was thinking of buying either the double or single glass optic later on. I want to get a feel for the plastic one first.

Also got the 'creative aperture kit' that comes with a few blanks. That should be fun.
I was thinking of making one a square, one a triangle, and I have no idea for the others yet. It comes with a heart and a star.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Shoot! I forgot to mention that mine is the double ring version. Sorry to forget about that. I have never owned the single ring version, but I know for a fact that I would be dreading myself for getting it. Its just not my thing, though it is still a fantastic lens (from reviews).

Mark

The first three listed here are one touch. This means that they have a push-pull zoom and twist focus ring. Both functions work in one ring. The same ring you push to zoom is the same ring you have to twist to focus. Every version after the first three have two rings, one for focus and one for zooming. The one-touch model generally sells for about $300 less than the two-ring version. The cheapest two-ring model I could find online was $750 from KEH.com. Thats another reason I was so excited to get this for $530.

Mark

Cool Mark, it's always nice to get new glass!

How's the old 35-70 AF Nikkor doing? Is it on its way to its second user?

The first three listed here are one touch. This means that they have a push-pull zoom and twist focus ring. Both functions work in one ring. The same ring you push to zoom is the same ring you have to twist to focus. Every version after the first three have two rings, one for focus and one for zooming. The one-touch model generally sells for about $300 less than the two-ring version. The cheapest two-ring model I could find online was $750 from KEH.com. Thats another reason I was so excited to get this for $530.

Mark

$530 is a great deal for that lens!

Although I wouldn't say that the 2 ring sells for $300 more... the single ring version in mint condition goes for around $500-600, the two ring version typically sells for around $650-750 (ebay prices).

I currently use the AFS version which is a 2 ring style, but I prefer the feel of the old af one ring version. I'd rather be able to zoom and focus without changing hand positions. Although the focus speed of the AFS is a huge improvement--I snagged the afs off ebay for $650 after I sold the f5 body that came with it.

All these models are great lenses and optically just as good as the FAR more expensive 70-200mm models currently available.

Wow! Thats great that you found the AF-S for $650! I wish I would have.

This thread continues here: Link

Mark

Most reactions

Back