I've invested in a new banhammer

Battou

TPF junkie!
Reaction score
Website
www.photo-lucidity.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Oi....I've had my fill of trolls tonight. Nothing but a massive headache. So we swung the biggest banhammer made, money can't buy this thing.

We firewalled two IP addresses known to belong to shared terminals and issued account bans on all accounts associated with the IP's as well as iron fisted warnings to issue the same consiquences to any who would aid in the harrassment of our site staff by these two (maybe more) individuals.

It's pathetic, I swear. Some people seriously need to get lives, when two people can litterally delay the progress of an entire website by nearly two weeks pissing and moaning about being banned and being truly stupid about it.

I need a ****ing asprin. Anyone got some, a dozen should do the trick.

*EDIT*

This occured on another site BTW, not here on TPF

Last edited:
What's your address, I'll mail you some Vicodin :)

Thanks for your efforts

This has been an ongoing problem for some time. Our user base has been under relentless assult for several years from the internet trolling society. Undoubtedly having to do with an article on ED (encyclopediadramatica) on FanArt Central, not only making it clear that FAC is a haven for trolls favorite targets but also celebrating the success and failures of the internet trolling society on FAC.

Over the last two weeks FanArt Central has seen a severe upsurge of trolling activity. These attacks have been on the rise in, quantity, sevarity, intent (including a "Goatse" image posted in a comment on child oriented imagery in a Dora the Explorer/Pokemon crossover) in the last two weeks effectivly delaying the release of FAC v3.2.

Of FAC's administrative team we have "The Good Cop", "The Bad Cop" and "The cheif" (I am "the Bad Cop" BTW). When "The Good Cop" takes a suspect into an interrogation room and the suspect comes out beaten, brused and bloody, you know shit has gotten bad, full out war is on. FAC has issued bans on over 200 and counting known trolling accounts (many opperated by the same small group of people created as premptive ban evasion measures) as well as several IP firewallings. We have also begun banning for activity supporting trolls including (but not limited to) Permiting known trolls to access the site VIA personal terminal (letting your troll friend use your computer and IP), Profile information identical/similar to a known troll, comment and blog requests to attack the site and it's users and many more.

With every passing day I come closer and closer to getting in conctact with the RCMP and trying to make an example out of a couple of these trolls. Contrary to popular belief, much of the trolling tactics are criminal and can be charged. With innocent users getting cought in the crossfire when we where forced to firewall an IP belonging to a university dorm, more drastic measures may become neccessary.

It really sucks, the phrase "don't feed the trolls" does not work on administrators, we are the ones responsable for providing a safe and enjoyable internet browsing experience, and with trolls feeding off bans and disciplinary actions...it ain't pretty.

This has been an ongoing problem for some time. Our user base has been under relentless assult for several years from the internet trolling society. Undoubtedly having to do with an article on ED (encyclopediadramatica) on FanArt Central, not only making it clear that FAC is a haven for trolls favorite targets but also celebrating the success and failures of the internet trolling society on FAC.

Over the last two weeks FanArt Central has seen a severe upsurge of trolling activity. These attacks have been on the rise in, quantity, sevarity, intent (including a "Goatse" image posted in a comment on child oriented imagery in a Dora the Explorer/Pokemon crossover) in the last two weeks effectivly delaying the release of FAC v3.2.

Of FAC's administrative team we have "The Good Cop", "The Bad Cop" and "The cheif" (I am "the Bad Cop" BTW). When "The Good Cop" takes a suspect into an interrogation room and the suspect comes out beaten, brused and bloody, you know shit has gotten bad, full out war is on. FAC has issued bans on over 200 and counting known trolling accounts (many opperated by the same small group of people created as premptive ban evasion measures) as well as several IP firewallings. We have also begun banning for activity supporting trolls including (but not limited to) Permiting known trolls to access the site VIA personal terminal (letting your troll friend use your computer and IP), Profile information identical/similar to a known troll, comment and blog requests to attack the site and it's users and many more.

With every passing day I come closer and closer to getting in conctact with the RCMP and trying to make an example out of a couple of these trolls. Contrary to popular belief, much of the trolling tactics are criminal and can be charged. With innocent users getting cought in the crossfire when we where forced to firewall an IP belonging to a university dorm, more drastic measures may become neccessary.

It really sucks, the phrase "don't feed the trolls" does not work on administrators, we are the ones responsable for providing a safe and enjoyable internet browsing experience, and with trolls feeding off bans and disciplinary actions...it ain't pretty.

Ouch dude. I just took a look at your site and the ED article - makes TPF look like paradise. Good luck :er:

Aye, good luck. Here's some Tylnol, Asprin, and Advil, depending on what you like.

As for calling the cops, do it. If they've been causing that much trouble, the morons simply don't know when to stop. Also contact the university and notify them of the situation. Many universities will expel students using their networks in such a manner, even if it isn't criminal (though they're almost definitely going to expel students with those kinds of criminal charges against them).

Most reactions

New Topics

Back