I've made my first wildlife video with D3s

Silverpenguin

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.richardpeters.co.uk
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey all :) Wasn't sure where to put this as there is no video forum yet, but it is wildlife so figured here is ok.

I've been wanting to dip my toe in to DSLR video for a while now so after my recent D3s upgrade I wanted to get out and shoot some video as quickly as I could! So, I spent a couple of hours playing with my new toy and experiencing my first ever DSLR video shoot!

Can't get a video embed working on here? So here is a link to the video and a little write up on my blog :)

And here is the setup I used...

D3s_video.jpg

It's a strange thing having the ability to shoot video as well because I can see times in the future where I won't know wether it best to photograph or film a scene in front of me, and as a result end up missing the action lol

quite a setup..jealousy!!

And a beautiful video, nice job. seriously. i love it.

Outstanding!!!! The video was wonderfully done, the STILLS are fabulous!!!!

Look forward to more, because I know there will be!:D :thumbup::thumbup:

That was absolutely amazing. I love it. Wonderful video, great stills. I wish I had half the setup you have. Litterally..Id love to have the lens or the camera..and Id be happy as a clam :lol:. Wonderful stuff. Cant wait to see more.

Im glad you did post it here or i would have never seen it.

Mark

Nice...
I think I'm going to convert to dSLRs can do video...

Wildlife is one of the areas where I think the DSLR video feature is taking off in a big way - there are just some scenes that don't translate well to stills as compared to moving images.
Great little video and I look forward to seeing far more!

Also not to complain but you have a rabbits tail on your camera - its a lucky rabbits foot not a tail you need ;)

Apologies for the delayed reply all but thank you so much for the great comments. I'm really liking video, more than I ever thought I would and in fact I've had to eat my words as I was very much against video when it was first introduced!

lol, the actual name for that fluffy thing is a Dead Kitten (according to Rode, who make it) :confused:

Wow - that was phenomenal. Definitely saving for a new, video-ready DSLR next year...

May I ask, how did you get into wildlife photography? I would love to try this, but haven't an idea of how to start. I only see "wildlife" (deer, raccoons) for fleeting seconds as the scurry across the road. How do you find places where you can observe them?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back