I've succumbed to convenience, instant gratification and mediocre photography!

mergetrio

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Photography is one of my serious hobbies; the other two are playing the guitar and cycling. My first real camera was a Nikon FE. I also learned how to develop pictures in a dark room back in the day! Fast forward and I invested in a D1x in 2003 which I used for many amazing photographs.

But, with life, kids, family and the digital revolution I have succumbed to convenience, instant gratification and MEDIOCRE photography! I practically take all of my pics on my iPhone! Over the past winter I almost pulled a trigger on Nikon D600 or D800, but decided that I didn't have enough time nor passion to do so. Being more realistic, I am currently looking at Fujifilm X20, Nikon P7700 and Canon G15 to get back into swing of things . . . . :)

Leaning heavily towards a Fujifilm X20. But, then would I be lusting after a DSLR soon enough???

Last edited:

Derrel

Mr. Rain Cloud
Reaction score
Website
www.pbase.com
Photos OK to edit
The "camera" part isn't very high-level, but the entry-level Nikon D3200 is a better imager than a D1x. Better sensor with higher resolution, greater acutance, better color depth, FAR better dynamic range, and, well...about a decade newer. I dunno...this is the time of the year, the Dads and Grads weekend, where lower-end Nikon cameras are on sale all across the USA.

OP
M

mergetrio

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
The "camera" part isn't very high-level, but the entry-level Nikon D3200 is a better imager than a D1x.

Yes, this is the point I'm getting at. Between my D1x and iPhone, much (good) photography has been missing in my life for over 10 years. :)

Derrel

Mr. Rain Cloud
Reaction score
Website
www.pbase.com
Photos OK to edit
Nikon D3100 refurbished from Adorama, with 18-55 kit zoom lens...under $350... http://www.adorama.com/INKD3100KR.html Beats the iPhone by many metrics. Even though I use the iPhone 4 for a lot of everyday snaps, I'd rather have a d-slr for many uses.

OP
M

mergetrio

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics