Jaded

DramaDork626

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.dramadork626.deviantart.com
Olympus Digital, indoor, no flash, lit with desk lamp...ghetto lighting, bwaha
I have always favored jaded expressions in portraits. Reminds me of royalty. Hehe. Anyway, I want remarks on the lighting and composition. Those are the two factors I am unsure of in this one.
Thanks
P1010373.jpg

This is probably my favorite piece from you...technically speaking.

I only have two minor complaints here. 1) is that I would like to see a little more space on the right, near her eye. The empty space on the left works well, but the frame is just so close to her eye that it's a little distracting.
2) I find the necklace a little bit distracting as well. It kind of voids the empty space because we know that is resting on *something* but we can't see what.

Both of those are prolly just preference. Good job :thumbup:

I like the composition. I agree with Woodsac in that the shot is cropped a little to tight on the right. The light gives a nice shape to her face, but I think the eye should have more light. I also question the shadow going down her face. Try going higher with the light. The shadow could be anything. Spill some details and we can help further the lighting.

I like this photo. Since the crop is so close to the eye, I'd suggest cutting an inch to an inch and a half off of the bottom.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back