Jamaican Vacation Photos - No Felines

Braineack

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here's a set of photos from my vacation without kittens.

The weather was amazing the first day, then a storm rolled in the afternoon and the weather never seemed to recover after that. Each day was muggy and hazy. It really put a damper (pun intended) on my picture taking, everything was flat and boring and took a look of finessing in post to recover some of them. I was really bummed about that, I would wake up at 6-7am each morning hoping for clear skies but never got them.

Sill had a great time, just wasn't getting some of the conditions I was hoping for for picture taking. Here are some of my favorite ones:

Dinner Sunset
by The Braineack, on Flickr

Beach View During Lunch

Rasta Serenade

Straw Hat Man

Storm on the Way

Negril Sunset

Enjoying the last minutes of sunlight

Hobie Boats

Merman

Local Fisherman

Cliff Jumper

Jamaican anole

DSC_0036-48

The full albums with kitties and a couple dogs can be found here: Jamaica Vacation 2015 Flickr - Photo Sharing

Last edited:
Cool set, Mon! I like the sign in the 2nd. Did you? Great sunsets also.

this is pretty much how i spent the week:

IMG_20150601_142503nopm-3

I tried at least between naps.

Yeah that sign was neat, a random dead tree to use to advertise the local shops.

Sign Tree

The beach is about 7 miles of public beach, ended at Hedonism 2. Problem was it was hard not to get accosted by local vendor every 10 feet so I never really ventured back to take any shots.

Every day I kept telling my wife, I need to take more pictures, but my books were good and the rum was better.

I'm also pretty impressed by how well my SG5 takes photos in good and bad light a few of the shots in here are from my cell phone.

This panorama before the storm turned out well...I was just fooling around:

Storm Coming Panoramic

#1 is a nice seen but I think it would have been better if you could have moved out more so as the framing was not in the scene. #4 with the hats is a great shot and the lizard shot what ever number that one is.

#1 is a nice seen but I think it would have been better if you could have moved out more so as the framing was not in the scene.

I was sitting at dinner, that was my view. that was the first night we got to the island and I thought I'd have 6 more chances to capture something similar...turns out it was only 1 extra night.

Added a few more to my album, but that's pretty much the extent of it all. Slightly disappointed, but it does become a bit of a bother to carry around my large FF while trying to drink rum cream and eat plantains.

Jamaica Vacation 2015 Flickr - Photo Sharing

Looked like an amazing time and you captured it well.

I did make a silly noob mistake. While trying to increase the exposure time on the sunsets, I forgot to stop down the aperture a bit. I went as far as dropping to 50 ISO, but it didnt occur to me to change the aperture. But I was on the way to dinner, and I'm pretty sure I had a pina colada in my hands.

really sad I wasn't able to get to capture more and experiment with them, that's the one thing I really wanted to capture.

I think next summer for our 10 year anniversary we are going to tour Italy, so I need to research some smaller mirrorless options for that trip.

I did make a silly noob mistake. While trying to increase the exposure time on the sunsets, I forgot to stop down the aperture a bit. I went as far as dropping to 50 ISO, but it didnt occur to me to change the aperture. But I was on the way to dinner, and I'm pretty sure I had a pina colada in my hands.

really sad I wasn't able to get to capture more and experiment with them, that's the one thing I really wanted to capture.

I think next summer for our 10 year anniversary we are going to tour Italy, so I need to research some smaller mirrorless options for that trip.
decent anyway, and more important, sounds like you had at least some fun.
Thanks for posting.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back