Japanese Food shots

I'm not really liking this picture, but this is what I took today.

5392249370_c390d917ee_b.jpg

What really makes me not like it is the parsley and the cyan sauce dish. The colors throw off the warmth of the oysters. I have a sauce dish that is earth toned and has a very rigid texture, and that would have complimented this picture a lot more. I'll retake it next time with that dish and no parsley.

The oysters are Kumamotos from Washington state.

I dont know if its just my computer monitor, but all the photos seem to be to cool. Are you useing an auto white balance? Try putting the white balance in "flash" or even "cloudy" mode to see it you can warm the photos up a little. . .

You might want to try changing the color of light used ... maybe a gold reflector ??

Oh by the way ... do you deliver ? Where is your restaurant ?
My wife and I are hungry.

Could you post a nice maguro or sake sashimi plate for us.

I dont know if its just my computer monitor, but all the photos seem to be to cool. Are you useing an auto white balance? Try putting the white balance in "flash" or even "cloudy" mode to see it you can warm the photos up a little. . .
It must be your monitor. I have a 24" iMac.

I shoot RAW, so I change the WB in PP.

Your shots look so crisp and clean and wonderfully composed. Just what I want to see in commercial food photography. I think it is really neat how you are the chef & photographer. Very talented. Keep up the great work.

5416841020_94c29ce767_b.jpg

This is from today.

Your shots look so crisp and clean and wonderfully composed. Just what I want to see in commercial food photography. I think it is really neat how you are the chef & photographer. Very talented. Keep up the great work.

Thanks for the compliments.

Really nice

We got some shad roe in today. It's the first of the season, which means spring is coming!

5418992383_72a42197db_b.jpg

Most reactions

Back