Japanese Garden with Kodak Portra 160

jcdeboever

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Minolta Maxuum 9, 70-210 beercan, Portra 160. Developed and scanned by the Darkroom. Comments, critique welcome. Was finding my way around the Minolta when I shot these but pretty happy with the analog results. I think the camera is better than how I use it. Their metering is a little different and I am not use to autofocus film cameras. I would be grateful for a quick / honest critique from @limr

Japanese Garden.jpg

Japanese Pond Reflection.jpg

Japanese Walk Way.jpg

Sculpture in the Japanese Garden.jpg

Pretty pretty colours !

I'm leaning toward #4. The colors and the repeating patterns in both the water and the structure.

Well, nice !

Love the colours in all of them (that green in #3, yowza!). Favourite shot is #2, beautiful.

EDIT: I meant that like, "#2 is beautiful", not like "hey toots, nice shot ya got there."

Pretty pretty colours !

Love #2!!!!! but it could be a bit darker. And #4 is nice.

I'm leaning toward #4. The colors and the repeating patterns in both the water and the structure.

#2. But it needs some punch, a bit more contrast and a smidgen of darkening and Un Center the leaf ... take some off the top.

Well, nice !

#4, love the colors in Portra!

Love the colours in all of them (that green in #3, yowza!). Favourite shot is #2, beautiful.

EDIT: I meant that like, "#2 is beautiful", not like "hey toots, nice shot ya got there."

Thanks y'all

Number 2 was a good shot. Number 2 re-edit is a great shot. Its always amazing how a few small adjustments can transform an image. I can easily see that one on a metal print.

Number 2 was a good shot. Number 2 re-edit is a great shot. Its always amazing how a few small adjustments can transform an image. I can easily see that one on a metal print.
Thanks bud

Most reactions

Back