Japanese Snow Monkeys At Hotspring

Patriot

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here are a few pictures that I taken while serving in Japan for two years. These were taken at the Jigokudani Snow Monkey Hotspring.

Image#1
$JAH_4191.jpg
Out of the bath.

Image#2
$JAH_4050.jpg
He or she was looking back at all the people taking pictures.

Image#3
$JAH_3965.jpg
This is my of my favorite pictures that I've taken so far. I really like the eyes and the determination in them.

Image#4
$JAH_3971.jpg
Same monkey as above.

Image#5
$JAH_3963.jpg
I really wish that I didn't mess up the framing of this shot, I don't like how the mothers butt is cut out but it's still a great photo.

Image#7,8,9
$JAH_4100.jpg

$JAH_4101.jpg

$JAH_4102.jpg
These three images are also one of my favorites of all the pictures that I've taken so far. I didn't expect to capture them playing around like that.

cool. I like them.

The last three should be cropped vertical, with same subject sizing, and framed side by side (tryptic) ... it will enhance that sense of still-motion.

The last three should be cropped vertical, with same subject sizing, and framed side by side (tryptic) ... it will enhance that sense of still-motion.

Are you talking about making them one picture with three columns? I don't know how to do that with lightroom4, I don't have Photoshop to do all the cool stuff.

Nice captures - thanks for sharing. Reminds me of a National Geographic special I saw one night on PBS.

Are you talking about making them one picture with three columns? I don't know how to do that with lightroom4, I don't have Photoshop to do all the cool stuff.

No, three images ... the monkeys should be the same size in each.
Just put them into either one frame with three openings or three equal sized frames, and presented beside eachother.
http://mikedubu.smugmug.com/Photoshop-Actions/Triptych-Frame-Gallery/6047045_2msfgF/378924943_ouNuw#!i=378924943&k=ouNuw

No, three images ... the monkeys should be the same size in each.
Just put them into either one frame with three openings or three equal sized frames, and presented beside eachother.
http://mikedubu.smugmug.com/Photoshop-Actions/Triptych-Frame-Gallery/6047045_2msfgF/378924943_ouNuw#!i=378924943&k=ouNuw

Ok I'm going to give it a shot right now and see how it turns out. Along with that I need to find a way to remove that shrub above the monkeys in the last picture. I removed them in the other but I found this one a bit harder.

Most reactions

Back