Japanese Sunset

Neil S.

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I shot this the other night, and like it in many ways.

The powerlines couldnt be helped, because of the view from my house.

IMG_95562.jpg

Personally I feel like the power lines may have worked a bit better if you were able to get more of the surrounding architecture into the shot. Then again I have no clue what the conditions were for the view we're seeing and whether that would have been doable or even in fact made the shot better.

I think if you can't avoid to include powerlines into your frame then you best make them your subject! If they had been a sharp silhouette against this colourful background, your photo might have come out more convincingly. Blurred as they now are, they only look wrong, out of place, a nuisance (to me, who I have neither seen that sunset with my own eyes, nor do I live where you live and know all the surroundings).

TY for the advice.

How about this one? I shot it that night too.

IMG_9545.jpg

I think if you could combine the type of background you have (as far as the sky is concerned) in the first shot with the foreground from the second it might make an interesting shot. I don't know very much (about anything!) though so take my advice with a grain of salt.

Also I took a shot at cropping out some of the overhead in the second pic but I think the more I look at it the less I like it (the color and contrast changes occurred when l imported it into Gimp, not to mention the overall loss of sharpness).

JPSunset1.jpg

I dunno.

Most reactions

Back