Jardins de Versailles

LizardKing

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello everybody!

I'm looking at old photos to pick a few of them for the Facebook page I'm about to launch one of these days, and I keep finding images I like and had forgotten.
In the distance you can see the Château de Versailles -- This has been photographed so many freaking times, that I tried to get something different. Hope you like it!

Jardins de Versailles, France by Lizard.King, on Flickr

Regards,
Martin

Last edited:
Nice one! The saturation of the sky and the grass is the optimal (for my ''tastes'' ). My only suggestion, is the zoom on the C.d.V. I think it would be better to be
more distinct, but nevertheless I like the picture!

Nice one! The saturation of the sky and the grass is the optimal (for my ''tastes'' ). My only suggestion, is the zoom on the C.d.V. I think it would be better to be
more distinct, but nevertheless I like the picture!
I always have troubles finding the right amount of saturation for a picture. Always tend to fall short or go way too far, but I felt with this one I somehow found the right amount, at least for my taste too. The idea was to make the Chateau look small to accentuate the gardens, but I'm afraid it's too small :(
Thanks for the feedback!

I have color saturation issues, too, and I think it is common in digital photography. On my desktop computer--where the bullwork of my photo editing is done--edited photos looks fine. But when I view the same photo on my laptop, it looks flat and I have to adjust, over-adjust or under-adjust. :grumpy:

I think the blue sky looks a bit too rich on your photo plus the grass dominates your landscape.

Nicely done. The saturation's a touch too much for my taste, but it's not crazy. If you like it, it's great.

Placing the sign in the frame is a nice touch, and does give us a little something different. Good idea.

I have color saturation issues, too, and I think it is common in digital photography. On my desktop computer--where the bullwork of my photo editing is done--edited photos looks fine. But when I view the same photo on my laptop, it looks flat and I have to adjust, over-adjust or under-adjust. :grumpy:.
Yeap, happens to me all the time too!

I think the blue sky looks a bit too rich on your photo plus the grass dominates your landscape.
You mean I should dial down the sky a little?

Nicely done. The saturation's a touch too much for my taste, but it's not crazy. If you like it, it's great.
Placing the sign in the frame is a nice touch, and does give us a little something different. Good idea.

Thanks! Actually the sign was what triggered the whole idea for the picture.
About the saturation, I was doubtful and played for a little while trying to find the right balance. I think I like it this way :)

I'd crop that sign out.

I could leave it out of the frame or clone it out, but I kinda like it. However it's good to know not everybody feels the same ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back