Jazz Vs. the Space Tiger

spiffybeth

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
strange band name....This is the bassist.

c/c please!

shadows, i know. and the tip table was unavoidable.
img0875bi9.jpg

it's noisy on purpose. it was completely underexposed so i messed with some settings and i like what ive come out with....many probably wont like it. taken during a drum solo.
img0878ov4.jpg

again with the shadows, i know.
img0882xy6.jpg

and here's a gentleman who was really enjoying the show! lol
img0872mo8.jpg

I like the first shot, I felt like I was going to fall down from the angle lol.

That last photo = LOL.

:]

The first one has some sweet angles, it's mesmerizing to look at.

In general I hate posing and all of these have a natural look to them, even number two is just like the guitarist is glancing over. That one's actually my favorite because we can see a facial expression. You may want to try capturing more where he's doing something and not just looking down at his guitar, though that isn't necessarily a bad look.

Overall these look fine to me...shadows, noise, whatever. Fuzzy isn't bad, these are all interesting to look at and that's what matters.

Good stuff.

Bass.. >.<

You should find a different light source instead of your camera flash. You have already seen that you have a harsh shadow right behind him. Instead try to get softer light. A big window (though I can see it's dark outside) or a bounced flash would make these shot look better. I would also try to get a more dynamic angle instead of this one. Move as close as you can and get a shot close to his instrument! Tell him to strike a pose or something! ;)

I like the first shot, I felt like I was going to fall down from the angle lol.

That last photo = LOL.

:]

thanks!

The first one has some sweet angles, it's mesmerizing to look at.

In general I hate posing and all of these have a natural look to them, even number two is just like the guitarist is glancing over. That one's actually my favorite because we can see a facial expression. You may want to try capturing more where he's doing something and not just looking down at his guitar, though that isn't necessarily a bad look.

Overall these look fine to me...shadows, noise, whatever. Fuzzy isn't bad, these are all interesting to look at and that's what matters.

Good stuff.

thanks rob!

Bass.. >.<

You should find a different light source instead of your camera flash. You have already seen that you have a harsh shadow right behind him. Instead try to get softer light. A big window (though I can see it's dark outside) or a bounced flash would make these shot look better. I would also try to get a more dynamic angle instead of this one. Move as close as you can and get a shot close to his instrument! Tell him to strike a pose or something! ;)

thanks for the feedback.
how were you able to tell these were taken at night?

Bass.. >.<

I'm aware of what it is. A bass is still a guitar.

Beth, I found the first three photos interesting. I don't take many people pictures so I admire those who do. I don't usually like straight flash photos but I like fretless bass guitars. The last photo reminds me of one I modeled for using a very similar pose. ron

i fawking cracked the hell up at the last photo bahahahaha. i like your approach to a different method, nice job

thanks!

Beth, I found the first three photos interesting. I don't take many people pictures so I admire those who do. I don't usually like straight flash photos but I like fretless bass guitars. The last photo reminds me of one I modeled for using a very similar pose. ron

thanks!

Most reactions

Back