Jena- Experimental Surreal Edit

Wow. Great stuff! I love that her tattoos are just visible enough to kill with curiosity about what they are. Brilliant! Go ahead and send one of those photo books to my house while you're at it.

Wow. Great stuff! I love that her tattoos are just visible enough to kill with curiosity about what they are. Brilliant! Go ahead and send one of those photo books to my house while you're at it.
I'll gladly send you one if you want to pay for it!

I've already picked my cover for it. I'm SO excited to finally have it!
screen_shot_2015_04_07_at_10_19_25_pm_by_danostergren-d8ovrid.png

Yeah, your processing is inspirational! Great work!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For anyone interested in knowing, it took 17 layers and quite a few hours to get to the final image.
screen_shot_2015_04_07_at_2_00_06_pm_by_danostergren-d8otsj0.jpg

The image is great, and I appreciate the screenshot! I've been trying to nail down similar color-grading lately and it just doesn't come easy.

As for the book, who're you printing with?

For anyone interested in knowing, it took 17 layers and quite a few hours to get to the final image.
screen_shot_2015_04_07_at_2_00_06_pm_by_danostergren-d8otsj0.jpg

The image is great, and I appreciate the screenshot! I've been trying to nail down similar color-grading lately and it just doesn't come easy.

As for the book, who're you printing with?
I haven't decided yet. WHCC and Artisan State are two that I'm considering for their lay-flat books. I'm happy to take suggestions though.

I've been putting together a photo book for myself over the last two days of my favorite shots (I have zero prints of my own work), so I've been combing through my archived shoots looking for anything I may want to include, and came across this shot from ...

This is really great work, Dan ... I'm glad to hear about the book, I really hope it does well for you (and hope to be in that position myself someday :) ). Based on what I've seen you post I'm sure it'll do well

I've been putting together a photo book for myself over the last two days of my favorite shots (I have zero prints of my own work), so I've been combing through my archived shoots looking for anything I may want to include, and came across this shot from ...

This is really great work, Dan ... I'm glad to hear about the book, I really hope it does well for you (and hope to be in that position myself someday :) ). Based on what I've seen you post I'm sure it'll do well
Thank you.

I should clarify, the book is just something I'm having printed for myself. I'm not publishing a book (yet).

Your skills with natural light are incredible, post processing style too.

I think that her skin needs to be a tad brighter in the photo and the leaves should pop a bit more. However, that could just be my monitor.

I think that her skin needs to be a tad brighter in the photo and the leaves should pop a bit more. However, that could just be my monitor.
Thanks for the feedback.

Last edited:
I really like this. Makes me want to attempt an outside of the box edit for fun sometime soon.

Most reactions

Back