Jenny and Brian

ClarkKent

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Well, I have not posted anything in a while, and thought it would be about time. This is from a wedding I shot last summer and thought I would share for some C/C. Thanks for looking.

The-Photoforum.jpg

My opinion only. The groom looks uncomfortable.

Pressed the send button too quick. Everything else looks wonderful.

In my opinion, there is waaaaay too much depth of field. But at the same time, there is no depth at all. They look plastered to the background. Also, the line that the pillar makes between their heads/bodies creates a big feeling of division for me. The negative space is a little too negative and somehow feels more like a void to me. I feel like more of a 2x3 crop would work better instead of whatever that is (8x10?). The skind smoothing looks ok on the bride, but doesn't belong on the groom; and both of their skin seem very reddish to me.

I feel like getting them to step off that pillar a bit and having a lower camera angle would have helped a lot. Having some (prefferably soft) off camera light coming from high camera left would have gone a long way. It owuld alow you hopefully knock down the flat ambient and give a nice rembrandt light to the groom while also getting something reasonably close to glamour light on the bride. Lastly, shooting at a larger aperture to knock the background at least a little out of focus, if not really out of focus, would have helped. It's a good start, but a lot of small tweaks could have made a cumulative huge difference.

I would agree with the previous two posts. The first thing that struck me was the division of the bride and groom as well with the pillar and the overpowering brick wall. Definitely not the feel you're going for when you are doing wedding pics!

Also agree that a shallower DOF would benefit here greatly. Maybe even bring the bride and groom out farther from the wall and experiment with blurring the background even more. Keep the pics coming!

Pretty nice, Brandon. The posing is very close... I want to rotate the bride CCW just a bit so that her shoulder is not right at the camera. This would have hid his left hand and might have kept that shadow from her head off the lower half of his face. I like very much that you have them holding hands, but wish he had more than her fingertips.

I think the setting you chose is fine... I know it was the lighting you were after. The one thing I wonder about is that brighter-than-the-rest section of sidewalk. Can you make it match the rest. Clone out the rust stains in LL corner.

All in all, pretty nice. Good goin'!

-Pete

Thanks for all the great recommendations. I hope to take them into consideration for my next event. I have learned a lot hear, and continue to learn! Thanks!

Most reactions

Back