Jenny-Bride to be

Teresa

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.photographybyteresa.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Okay so most bridal portraits have a ring in them..this one does not as she had her ring in the shop to get resized.....that was the bummer of the day. Also, it was about 15 mph wind and felt like 25* outside....brrrrr. We ended up with a more formal white dress and a wedding dress so there are 2 different dresses here.

_PAS4408-2.jpg

_PAS4412.jpg

_PAS4398-2.jpg

_PAS4377.jpg

_PAS4644.jpg

_PAS4652.jpg

_PAS4452.jpg

_PAS4473.jpg

_PAS4443.jpg

_PAS4587.jpg

OK, I don't do alot of people shots, so here's my thoughts...

I like 1, 2, and 7...good posing and lighting!

Number 3 is not doing anything for me, sorry! Maybe cropped in closer to her?

I personally don't care for the elevator location in #9

I REALLY love #6! Posing, background and all is perfect. I want more contrast in it, though! :mrgreen:

Nice shots. I really like the post-processing in #10 & the one where you cropped in a bit closer. Nice job.

Good series, beautiful bride-to-be! #1 is my favorite; best of the series. It looks like you noticed, too, that your photos need more contrast. Also most of your images need some more tweaking in curves as they look a little flat; I see a lot of midtones but not very many shadows and highlights. Some more specific comments:

#2: The pose is great, but it looks a little too oversaturated for my tastes. Her blown dress is too bright and takes away from her face.
#5, #9: I think these photos would be improved if you levelled them as they have strong straight lines
#7: ISO 1600 on that D200 is quite impressive!

Good series, beautiful bride-to-be! #1 is my favorite; best of the series. It looks like you noticed, too, that your photos need more contrast. Also most of your images need some more tweaking in curves as they look a little flat; I see a lot of midtones but not very many shadows and highlights. Some more specific comments:

#2: The pose is great, but it looks a little too oversaturated for my tastes. Her blown dress is too bright and takes away from her face.
#5, #9: I think these photos would be improved if you levelled them as they have strong straight lines
#7: ISO 1600 on that D200 is quite impressive!

Aggressor, thanks so much for your C/C. I appreciate it. Here is my feedback to that.
#1 I got a lot of compliments on by other photographersand that is why I posted it here first but to be honest it is NOT my favorite...ha ha.
I do see that a few if not most of my photos do need a bit more contrast. And I am still learning the levels or balance with the midtones, shadows and highlights.
#9 I tried to straighten a bit but it was my fault I did not leave her any head room so when I level it out and then straighten it a bit in photoshop, I do a "photo-chop" and lose part of her head...oops we dont want that.
#7 we were shooting in an area we werent really supposed to be "shhh" ha ha, so I was doing my best NOT to use the flash and the lighting was BAD so I had to bump it up to 1600 and yes it is quite impressive but not in worse lighting than this photo...if it was any darker in that area, you would for sure have A LOT of noise

Thanks again for your comments!

I like the PPing on the first vesion of #3, but the closer crop with her off to the left vertical thirds line.

And here is the other one with more contrast in it
<original photo stripped>

Teresa, I did a quick and dirty edit on your photos. You have indicated its okay to do so. I'll delete it if you like. Here's my crack at #6. I tweaked the image in curves, raised the black point, raised the exposure by about .5 stop, and burned the dress to recover some detail lost by brightening.

_pas4652.jpg

Last edited:
Hey Teresa, I just wanted to congratulate you on your improvements! You have come a really long way :)

A couple of things I noted besides what was already mentioned was to watch your lines. Some of the pictures have vertical walls that are crooked, so you may want to rotate and recrop some of them. Also, watch the fingers, etc. In #8 they are chopped and that one could use some straightening as well.

BTW, beautiful bride :)

2 is amazing. Really like that one. Maybe blown some highlites, but it isnt bad.

A lot to comment on, but some really nice shots. I agree on 3... too much dead space, I think. 5 was hot, but a touch off-balance... looked like she was just almost about to fall over... but still, seductive.

LOVE the stairs one... very neat. 4, 2 and 1 all pretty nice, too. Very neat work in general. Thanks for sharing.

The edit below looks pretty bad on my calibrated screen. There's an over exposed (white) line around the back of the dress and shoulders that is very off puting. My only issue with the originals is a slight lack of contrast on some, too much on others and many look too soft - a little unsharpen mask could do wonders.

Teresa, I did a quick and dirty edit on your photos. You have indicated its okay to do so. I'll delete it if you like. Here's my crack at #6. I tweaked the image in curves, raised the black point, raised the exposure by about .5 stop, and burned the dress to recover some detail lost by brightening.

_pas4652.jpg

Hey Teresa, I just wanted to congratulate you on your improvements! You have come a really long way :)

A couple of things I noted besides what was already mentioned was to watch your lines. Some of the pictures have vertical walls that are crooked, so you may want to rotate and recrop some of them. Also, watch the fingers, etc. In #8 they are chopped and that one could use some straightening as well.

BTW, beautiful bride :)

Lyncca...thanks so much...it means so much coming from you!

About the "Crooked" photos...you will not believe 1) how much I LOVE angles and 2) how much I have been straightening these last set of bridals I just did Monday! LOL. It is crazy...I keep getting told "fix your horizon", "straighten your photos" and it is hard because I LOVE ANGLES i hate straight up and down or side to side photos but that is just me but I have been breaking my barrier and straigtening my photos!

Thanks again to everyone who has commented on these photos and this thread and taking time to even view my work based on past issues! THANKS :D

Lyncca...thanks so much...it means so much coming from you!

About the "Crooked" photos...you will not believe 1) how much I LOVE angles and 2) how much I have been straightening these last set of bridals I just did Monday! LOL. It is crazy...I keep getting told "fix your horizon", "straighten your photos" and it is hard because I LOVE ANGLES i hate straight up and down or side to side photos but that is just me but I have been breaking my barrier and straigtening my photos!

Thanks again to everyone who has commented on these photos and this thread and taking time to even view my work based on past issues! THANKS :D

Hey gal,

I love love angles as well, but if you want to do them, really do them :) Make them look deliberate, not by accident. If a horizon or any line that looks like it is off by a couple of degrees, then it looks like accident. If the angle is by 10-45 degrees, or whatever your mind sees with the composition, then it looks on purpose more. So, if you want that look, I say, go more extreme :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back