Jetty and jet vapor trail reflections.

Paparazzi Paul

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
Here is an image I took right at sunset of some vapor trails reflected in Lake Wendouree Ballarat.

image030jetty22bz.jpg

Cheers Paul

Lovely colours and a nice feature with the vapour trails - might be worth just straightening it up a touch, seems that it leans from left to right.

same comment, rotate it counterclockwise 1* or so. The bottom is just kinda empty space of black. It doesn't hurt the image much, as it's pure black, but it doesn't necessarily add anything either, cropping the bottom a little will more quickly guide your eyes to the subject of the photo (the vapor trails)

the colors & exposure are lovely though and it's an amazing capture with that kind of reflection in the water. (is that real?)

meotter said:
same comment, rotate it counterclockwise 1* or so. The bottom is just kinda empty space of black. It doesn't hurt the image much, as it's pure black, but it doesn't necessarily add anything either, cropping the bottom a little will more quickly guide your eyes to the subject of the photo (the vapor trails)

the colors & exposure are lovely though and it's an amazing capture with that kind of reflection in the water. (is that real?)

Thanks for your nice comments I did decide t rotate it just that fraction and it is real - no photoshopping or any other program editing whatsoever. Not even cropping.
Cheers

I think i agree about the tilt, even though slight,if you were to straighten it up you would still have to crop it,which would mean you would lose some of the sky,even though marginal, in conclusion if it was shot level i could'nt fault it, love the overall exposure and reflections, great shot..

I just worked on it through PS and straighted the horizon in addition to that I utilized distortion transformation to level the jetty to be level with the horizon.

I also cropped a little bit off the bottom but I did not touch the sky.

image030jetty27yb.jpg

This is an excellent shot. Beatiful colours and very good exposure. And the straightened up version wins hands down on the original!

It might be me but there seems to be more of the sky showing on the edited version than the original, after cropping, :confused: even so a much better image.. :thumbup:

dalebe said:
It might be me but there seems to be more of the sky showing on the edited version than the original, after cropping, :confused: even so a much better image.. :thumbup:

you're right! there is!!!

good edit though :) i think it's much stronger now :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back