Status
Not open for further replies.

kidswid

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi all,

I've been working the past 6 months developing a website for my Dad's jewelry stores. The site itself is great but one of its most important parts is still missing - photographs of the product inventory. The stores feature higher-end gold and diamond jewelry, and I'm willing to invest both the time and money necessary to make the photography on the site look as if it was done by a professional. With that said, here are the areas in which I would love your input:

1) Purchasing a camera
- From my preliminary research, it's become clear that a DSLR is the obvious choice for the project. However, I'd love some advice on selecting the actual brand and model.

2) Purchasing a lens
- From what I understand, the lens is just as important (if not more important) than the actual camera for this project. Which lenses would you recommend for a macro-jewelry photography project like mine.

3) Lighting and Setup
- This portion is where I will need the most help. Many variables are involved and small mistakes make big differences, from what I'm told. What do I need to know regarding the equipment necessary as well as the actual setup and execution for this project?

Any and all responses will be received with open arms. Thanks for your input!

The question most people will ask is what is your budget?
Once we know that, we can start from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back