Jill Gros Ventre

craig

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
craigblank.com
This shot was captured this weekend camping in the Gros Ventre range (or drainage). Would there be more replies if she was naked? Kidding of course.

I rarely shoot "snapshots", but some how I thought this one was strong.

1740JillGrosVentre.jpg

I love it! Really captures the moment and looks like she's having fun. And yes, there would probably be more replies if she was scantily clad :wink:

I think it will be stronger if you framed her such that she's on the far right of the picture, perhaps her leg won't be in the frame, leaving a huge amount of space on the left for the viewer's imagination... especially with the bubbles, it will definitely create a sense of unknown.

I really really like the VERY relaxed mood of this photo. The subject, the environment and lighting played perfectly!

Thanks gang!!! The cow is right. The only problem is that I read the "golden triangle" thread and now I refuse to crop my photos. Hopefully it will not last long because I am definitely not Bresson.

I could not resist the "jab". I was trying to be funny and ironic, which never works. Understand that I respect all posts.

I doubt that there'd be more replies (at least at first) but I bet it would be studied more!
It's definitely a different and interesting shot.

Double thanks!!! I fully lucked out with this shot. We were sitting around waiting for the wife to drive by so she could find our campsite. There was only one chair and I was sitting on the ground. Why she had bubbles in her truck is beyond me.

craig said:
I fully lucked out with this shot. We were sitting around waiting for the wife to drive by so she could find our campsite. There was only one chair and I was sitting on the ground. Why she had bubbles in her truck is beyond me.

:shock: :shock:
it sure worked out well that way.
one thing that catches my eye that i like is the odd neutral lighting on her legs, where most other parts of the shot have intense light/shadow. however you exposed it to get all the lighting as such, i just can't imagine. awesome photo :D

StvShoop said:
one thing that catches my eye that i like is the odd neutral lighting on her legs, where most other parts of the shot have intense light/shadow

I was wondering if that was weird. I took a little magenta out of her legs. I could not tell if appeared natural or not. Back to the drawing board.

sorry I can't offer more of a critique than what the others offer, but I really love this photo! My eyes wander around the whole frame.

You've really captured the atmosphere here - its a bit quirky - thats what I love about it. The pink florouscent chair really stands against the natural green environement. I find it pretty inspiring! thanks for sharing that.

craig said:
I was wondering if that was weird. I took a little magenta out of her legs. I could not tell if appeared natural or not. Back to the drawing board.

oh, ok. i was thinking maybe it was the skylight. i like the effect regardless

craig said:
Why she had bubbles in her truck is beyond me.

Do you have children? I always have bubbles in my car at their insistance :)

I just got back into town from a 4 day stay in lovely Meeker CO. I have to say tons of thanks for the comments!

The pink chair is pretty cool. I see it being in more photos. Chalk one up to whimsy. Chalk one up to "always carry your camera". Personally I wouldn't mind if the ol' D1 weighed about 5 pounds less.

Most reactions

Back